Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Toyota Blue Logic Bluetooth and the Toyota iPod Adapter and Standard Basic Audio Head

Old 11-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
johndcarey is on a distinguished road
Name: John
johndcarey's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Blue Logic Bluetooth and the Toyota iPod Adapter and Standard Basic Audio Head

I use the iPhone 4.
I bought the subject kits; both of them. I discovered both kits use one connector in common for both kits between the radio and the harness. That would require installing both kits in series to one another.
I also discovered the Bluetooth streams music which was a surprise.
So I have the following questions:
Does anyone have the iPod adapter AND the Bluetooth kits installed?
How?
Is there any advantage to installing the iPod adapter when I only use an iPhone?
Will the iPod adapter even work with the iphone and bluetooth kit installed? It may try to stream through the Bluetooth and the adapter simultaneously?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Dunno, just sayin Aloha!
Old 11-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Dean
DeanoCA is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Airborne Comm, ABCCC, AWACS, EC-130E ABCCC, E3A AWACS
Name: Dean
DeanoCA's Tacoma Gallery
Not a clue.... Welcome
Old 11-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV
Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
Warren
warrenw is on a distinguished road

Name: Warren
warrenw's Tacoma Gallery
I use the Blue Logic and Grom ipod adapter. Yes, the Blue Logic will stream music, but quality is not as good as the Grom conneciton. The Grom also charges the phone, ipod. There is a bit of conflict with blue tooth on, and trying to stream music through the Grom unit. But everything works, you have choices on how to listen to your music.

There my be a way to prevent the music stream from your phone, within, the iPhone.
I have an old ipod touch in my truck 7X24 for music, and I use the Blue Logic for phone only. I also stream internet music through my phone over the blue tooth. (again, quality of music over blue-tooth, isn't the best)
Old 01-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
I used both the BluLogic and the OEM iPod adapter before my wife graciously provided cash to fund a new head-unit. And yes, they daisy chain off the same plug on the back of the OEM radio. Worked exceptionally well together using an Android phone and a 64GByte iPod Touch. Can't speak to iPhone use.

I think I might still have all the parts (and more importantly the dealer printed install instructions in softcopy if it helps) - one of these days I need to look for it all, photo and put up for sale.