Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

GPS Talk - What do you recommend?

Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
GPS Talk - What do you recommend?

My dad is wanting a GPS unit for our trip to Greenbay this Thanksgiving. Ive been looking at the Garmin Nuvi 750. I just wanted to see who has used a Garmin unit and what you thought about it. Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
My parents have one and my techno-phobe wife loves hers. I've seen some other GPS units that show a virtual exit with all the lanes and which one to get in to. Our models didn't come with that.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
State what model ya have if ya don't mind Got to get some ideas on what to buy
Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
OLEFART is on a distinguished road
Army: grunt
OLEFART's Tacoma Gallery
we've got 2 of, basicly my wife gets lost goin to the bathroom so igot her one last xmas, i seen how well it worked, and bought myself one for work travel. they work well enuff if u take into account most (even a new one)needs periodic updates and not all poi's and roads are in it. it will definatly get you in the rite neighborhood
Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
OLEFART is on a distinguished road
Army: grunt
OLEFART's Tacoma Gallery
nuivi 250 and 350
Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.maps.yahoo.com
Old 11-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
Synapse is on a distinguished road

Synapse's Tacoma Gallery
I had one on those. I bought a navigon and enjoy it much more.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3378082

You can also get map updates for free.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i have google maps on my blackberry for street driving and address searching, but for when i go off road i have a little handheld garmin eTrex Legend... i mainly use it for when i hike and then transfer the recorded trail into google earth so i can see all of the trails i have traveled.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Garmin Nuvi 750, other than the occasional newly developed road and or a logging or undeveloped road it works great. I use mine almost daily as I am a Auto Field adjuster for an insurance company and I am on the road everyday. It has been an outstanding tool for me and I would recommend it to anyone who drives a lot.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
MarkieMark is on a distinguished road
MarkieMark's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has the basic Garmin 200/250 and I borrowed it for a 3 hour trip and it did me good. I didn't get lost not even once.. I plan on buying one for myself on Christmas.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #13
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Bout to order the 750. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #14
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 250W. I looked between all the models, I'm not sure what exact benefit the higher end models give you. The only thing I wish I had was the live traffic. It was a lifesaver on our trip to Yellowstone and helped a bunch in Hollywood.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Garmin 260 is on sale at Circuit City. Best Buy has it at $299 on their site and C.City has it at $189 and WallyWorld has it at $197. Beats me why BestBuy is so high but I know you can work one against the other.

Thinking of the 260 for myself. Would like to hear comments too.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #16
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I like the W series - widescreen real estate was something I couldn't live without. Try checking up amazon, they often have deals.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #17
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
I had one on those. I bought a navigon and enjoy it much more.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3378082

You can also get map updates for free.
+1

I love the navigon. along with the free map updates i got free traffic report for life! only paid $99. i've seen it as cheap as $79 lately (new not refurb) I have the navigon 2100
Old 11-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #19
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i have the street pilot 330c. it works great never a problem. look these up phantomalert.com. its software that give you all the police hiding spots, red light mounted cameras,dwi check pionts. i havent used it just saw it in car n driver.
my brother has a $500 megallon and hates it big time.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #20
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
I Have an Alpine IVA-W205 in-dash unit. Its also a DVD player...pretty cool. The nav unit even pops out a portable unit when in case you want to take it into another vehicle. When I bought my truck the dealership through in a giftcard to a local car audio shop as an incentive, and this was the best thing I could find to do with it.