Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Radio/Speaker Help

Old 11-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
kidpow is on a distinguished road
kidpow's Tacoma Gallery
Radio/Speaker Help

Hey Riders-
I've got the Tacoma stock stereo and factory speakers in my 2007 double cab. The sound obviously sux, but I have gotten conflicting reports from 2 car stereo dealers: replace the front speaks only and/or replace the stereo itself. Which is the best way to go?
I should mention that I am running a plug in satellite through this crappy stereo/speaker system.
Thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
If you want the definitive answer, it's always going to be replace both. You are only so good as your weakest item. I went with the deck first. I'm going sub next only because I found Marv and I have to get some rather large amps in (amps I had already). Speakers are next, and lastly is the sound deadening.

The order you choose is up to you, I just went with what would give me the biggest leap the quickest with the least expense.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
^^ +1

Slowly replace everything!

...Welcome to TW!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
both

/thread

the stock speakers are total crap
Old 11-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
Banned
robsatx is on a distinguished road
robsatx's Tacoma Gallery

Have you done an after market before? Do you have a budget in mind?
What kind of music do you listen to?