1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cleaned up wiring / Installed JL Audio HD-RLC

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Endurozw, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Nov 24, 2011 at 5:43 AM
    Endurozw

Endurozw [OP] War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    Somewhat bored so I decided to clean up my wiring from the Mr Marv install I did a few months ago (left about 1 ft of extra wiring per connection in case something came up while breaking it in but then got lazy :cool: ) and I also had bought the JL Audio amp level control knob from Amazon, was just waiting on a free day like today to install it.

Just for reference here's the knob:

JL Audio HD-RLC

If anyone has a JL Audio amp, this is well worth the 30 bucks, it got so old having to go into the HU interface to turn the bass up and down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously not anywhere close to the cleanest wiring job on this site but from what it was as a rats nest I'll take it :D

I'm sure plenty of people have installed the knob in the switch blank but for those that haven't, there is a lot of plastic on that back of that blank that I didn't know was there. I had to dremel out a rectangular section and file down some areas for the knob base to fit, in addition to having to file down raised edges in the actual truck dashboard itself. Once you file everything down so the knob base can fit through the hole, I just wrapped the base in electrical tape to hold it into the back of the switch blank. Don't have any photos of that part but it's pretty self explanatory. Anyway just wanted to write a short review of the process and knob, once again well worth the 30 bucks for those of us with JL amps.

2. Jan 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    Pcyc

Pcyc Self Proclaimed Leader

Member:
    First Name:
    Fritz
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD OR - Supercharged - Dual Cased - Twin Sticked
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/pcyc-fj40-build.444289/ https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/pcycs-2nd-gen-build.308160/
    I made a thread about this. I the title of that thread is stealth sub knob. I used an alpine bass knob and removed the metal shroud. Then cut the switch blank to fit. I drilled a hole then screwed it all together. The piece is very sturdy. I did not have to trim the panel this way only the switch blank.

Edit: link below
    clicky clicky

Products Discussed in

To Top