Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Found Stock ipod Adapter!!

Old 11-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Smurfio18 will become famous soon enough
Smurfio18's Tacoma Gallery
Found Stock ipod Adapter!!

After trying to research different ways to hook up an ipod to my stock single disc in dash player, I found a really good module. The module is made by a company called USA-Spec. It plugs into your CD changer slot in the back of the headunit and operates your ipod like it would a CD changer. Install was really easy. There is no splicing, cutting or damage at all to you truck. The Module also has a rca Aux input for whatever else you want to plug into it. I got the unit for $140 and picked it up in the Los Angeles area. If anyone is interested in the module let me know.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one too and totally love it. I routed it through my center console and have it coming up through between the box in the middle. It was super easy to do (about 30 minutes to install) and it sounds great.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
BONTONWHO is on a distinguished road
BONTONWHO's Tacoma Gallery
Im tired of my radio trans. Do you have photos and how hard was it? I purchased one that was supposedly compatible with 05 tacomas but after having my master mechanic look into it, he figured out that it was not going to work.. so back to radio tans... SUCKS! Thanks for the help!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I just installed one of these adapters in my Taco...and one in my Scion.
http://www.usaspec.com/ipod_product_sheets/pa15-toy.pdf

For 159.99 I got the adapter shipped to my door from Crutchfield with their "Master Sheets" The mastersheet shows how to remove the dash work and the radio (I didn't know how to do it yet...so it was worth it for me)

Took me about 5 mins to open the dash-5 mins to find a place to put the adapter box and like 5-10 mins to route the wires and plug it into the back of the radio. 5 more minutes to put the dash back together.

It is about as 'Plug and Play' as you can get. A pigtail into the radio plugs into the changer plug (and has a second pigtail for an external changer if you want). That mates with the main plug to the converter box. That box allows RCA inputs and the iPod cable.

Uber-easy...and totally worth it if you don't want to spend the coin on an aftermarket head unit.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
TacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to all

TacoSupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Any good comparable stereos for the price vs. just the module?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
Banned
robsatx is on a distinguished road
robsatx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreme View Post
Any good comparable stereos for the price vs. just the module?
Look at an Alpine 9884. It includes the ipod cable and more power than stock unit. Great head unit for buillding a nice system.

I usually steer clear of crutchfield because of their high price but they have them for $149 right now. The unit has an HPF also if you plan to expand the system.