1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Entune help with apps

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by woojoo83, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Nov 25, 2011 at 9:53 PM
    woojoo83

woojoo83 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB 4WD TRD Sport
    So i've had my 2012 Tacoma for a little over a week now and while i am still figuring things out, has any other 2012 Tacoma owners WITH ENTUNE had any success in getting their Pandora app to function?

all the entune apps (e.g. bing, weather, sports, traffic, etc.) i have been able to use, however, the pandora app just says it was unable to establish an internet connection.

on a related note, i am able to use pandora on my smartphone, toggle the entune to the "bluetooth" audio setting and listen to pandora that way, but that is a bass-ackwards way of the intended method.

any ideas? thanks.

2. Dec 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    rebelbuc

rebelbuc Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver Streak Mica TRD Double Cab
    I'm getting the same results. I just searched here looking for help. It seems that the entune app does not recognize the login to Pandora that I already had on my separate android app for Pandora. I'm impressed with the overall sound of the radio, so far, but not so much with the data connectivity issues. My 2012 Tacoma is less than 2 weeks old, by the way.

3. Dec 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    woojoo83

woojoo83 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB 4WD TRD Sport
    i guess i can/should update this posting. so i'm all connected now. i found this forum posting, followed its directions, and everything is fixed. http://toyota-entune.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1612.

however, the audio quality through the entune pandora app is freaking terrible. better off just playing your pandora app through your phone and streaming it through the car's bluetooth.

4. Dec 12, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    K2ufl

K2ufl Member

Member:
    Actually quite suprised that the base unit works well with pandora via usb connection, can actually fast forward to next song with unit.

5. Dec 16, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    Wizzard005

Wizzard005 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Sacramento, CA
    Stock
    ya when using pandora with the entune app its like 96bit, streaming it its 192bit.

If my iphone is low on battery life, i charge it with the USB, and stream Pandora via Bluetooth. Also stream iPOD via bluetooth, i dont like the entune app.. GPS and everything else works just fine when not using the app...

Products Discussed in

To Top