LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Double Din dash kit

Old 11-30-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Double Din dash kit

Who makes the best dash kit for a double din headunit for 2011 Tacoma. I'm talking about Color match, Texture and etc....
Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have a Scoshe and don't like the non textured version.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Metra. They have one that is textured.

They are cheap and have a decent fit, so you shouldn't be able to go wrong there
Old 11-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
Check out Metra. They have one that is textured.

They are cheap and have a decent fit, so you shouldn't be able to go wrong there
I've got a Silver Metra kit.... personally I think it's horrible. The silver bezel is a seperate entity from what actually holds the radio in place, and the radio mount piece doesn't line up with the opening of the bezel - it can be pushed over to the side while the bezel goes on, but one bump in the road later the mount piece has shifted back to not lining up. In addition, I couldn't find a way to iso-mount the radio into the mount (my preferred method), so I had to cage mount it, and in doing so left the radio to wobbling. Thankfully, my radio doesn't have a CD player in it (media player only - which I love), but it still required me to fab up a quick backstrap to prevent said wobbling.

So my Metra kit (would have) wobbled up and down, moves side to side, doesn't match the lines of the dash (sticks up above where the stock radio it), and the paint (in the case of the silver) rubs off with my finger. All that at a savings of roughly $10 compared to the Scosche kit.

On different note, yet another thread that could have easily been avoided by a simple search:

Go to A&V subforum, click "Search this forum" and "Advanced Search". Use keywords "Dash Kit" and underneath, select "Search Titles Only" instead of the default search entire posts. Click Search Now at the bottom and get:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=4212715

You get 44 threads with the words "dash kit" in the title. Just my helpful contribution.

Incoming I'm sure
Old 11-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
Check out www.Tacotunes.com they have some great dash kits that have the texture and have them at a great price.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
they are both hit or miss. I've had and installed both with zero isses but i've heard people complaining of both at the same time.

It comes down to wether you want the textured finish like your stock radio or if you want a smooth finish. Both kits in both colors can be had on ebay for about 15-20 bucks shipped
Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
they are both hit or miss.
This I will agree with.... I fully plan on getting a scosche kit here one day soon and redo the install.... which ever kit comes out looking and functioning the worst will end up in the trash, though I seriously hope it's not the scosche kit.