1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What pins does +/- go to on non-JBL radio?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Whitster, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dec 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    Whitster

Whitster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Whit
    Golden, CO
    Vehicle:
    '09 AC w/SR5 & TRD, 6' bed
    I installed a Kenwood in-dash unit on my '09 AC. Finally got the AXXESS steering wheel control and backup camera running with help from other posts on this great Forum.

Anyway, after all was done I discovered that I'd forgotten to eject the 6 CD's that were still in the OEM head unit now sitting on the bench...DUH!!!

I removed the top cover and the CD-drive mechanics don't look like anything that would readily accommodate physical removal without screwing up the alignment.

There are four jacks on the back of the HU. The two on the right have bigger conductors so I'm assuming the power might come to it in those somewhere. (of course nothing is marked)

There is a 6-conductor jack and a 10-conductor jack.

Could anyone with a schematic tell me which pins, and polarity, I need to apply 12 V to?
    I'm hoping I can apply the power and press the eject button to extract the CD's.

Thanks,

Whit

2. Dec 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    Whitster

Whitster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Whit
    Golden, CO
    Vehicle:
    '09 AC w/SR5 & TRD, 6' bed
    Just for future information in case anyone else needs the info...

Looking from the rear...the power connections are made to the far right connector, R1, a 10-pin connector. Six across the top and 2 plus 2 on the bottom.

Take a flashlight and look carefully inside the jack, the pins are numbered in the white insulating body of the jack.

Connect negative to pin 7.

Connect positive to pins 3 & 4. Upon connecting the power you'll hear the CD changer cycle a couple times and the amber display will illuminate. After that just push the CD eject button to eject the CD's.

Thanks again to Caribe for schematic.

I'd include the schematic but won't fit with the website's 100K attachment limit.

Whit

Products Discussed in

To Top