1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sony XA-R800C - Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Muy Grande, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Dec 5, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    I just wanted to report that the Sony XA-R800C camera is excellent. I had read reviews on Amazon a while back that it was a very good camera with 5 & 4 star reviews. I walked into my local Best Buy this weekend and there it was starring at me. It was the only one left and it had been discounted to $75 from an original price of $200.

I previously had an ebay camera that worked well in my old AVIC-D3 and my current JVC KW-NT3HDT installed on my pop-n-lock but it bugged me that it was pointing down and I really didn't get a good view of everything behind me. It did the job but I wanted to see more area. So I scored an OEM handle with the camera cut out and slapped my new camera into the OEM handle. Used some zip ties to hold it in place.

I must say that this camera fits in both the PopnLock and the OEM tailgate handle very well.

Overall very happy with the results and it's excellent at night also!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Dec 27, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    tammikm

tammikm Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    hello, can you tell me how you installed this particular camera on your tacoma, mine is a double cab just not sure how I would route the wires or mount the camera...

thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top