Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Sony XA-R800C - Backup Camera

Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Sony XA-R800C - Backup Camera

I just wanted to report that the Sony XA-R800C camera is excellent. I had read reviews on Amazon a while back that it was a very good camera with 5 & 4 star reviews. I walked into my local Best Buy this weekend and there it was starring at me. It was the only one left and it had been discounted to $75 from an original price of $200.

I previously had an ebay camera that worked well in my old AVIC-D3 and my current JVC KW-NT3HDT installed on my pop-n-lock but it bugged me that it was pointing down and I really didn't get a good view of everything behind me. It did the job but I wanted to see more area. So I scored an OEM handle with the camera cut out and slapped my new camera into the OEM handle. Used some zip ties to hold it in place.

I must say that this camera fits in both the PopnLock and the OEM tailgate handle very well.

Overall very happy with the results and it's excellent at night also!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
install

hello, can you tell me how you installed this particular camera on your tacoma, mine is a double cab just not sure how I would route the wires or mount the camera...

thanks