Notices

Speakers & subs to stock radio

Old 12-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
Speakers & subs to stock radio

Hi all,

This may have been asked but i couldnt really find what i was looking for (i tryed google aswell).

So what imtrying to find out is if there is a way to have aftermarket speakers and subs with the stock deck since i have hands free and XM in my truck plus i had a aftermarket deck in an old vehical and forgot to take faceplate off and my vehical got broken into. i would like the stock look but with a killer system since i have the hands free and controls for the radio on my wheel and i would hate to have them but couldnt use them.

Again im sorry if this has been talked about before.

And thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the stickeys in this forum... Lots of info on this already
Old 12-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, lots of options. Budget will play a roll. And dont stick to Taco forums, check out some audio forums for more reviews on the higher end gear if you go that route.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
The Audiocontrol LC2I or LC6I is what you are looking for. I have the LC2I in my truck and love it.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/1761...r----LC6i.html
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It connects to your stock HU at the speaker wires and sends a nice clean and strong signal to your amps. It also allows you to defeat any bass roll off you sometimes see with a stock HU when the volume is increased.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Thanks guys, I think ill also Stop in at a good car audio installer thats by my place and see what they have and recomend but will check out som audio forums aswell. i just like the nice and clean HU that cam in the 12 and how all my controls are set up but i just need better sounds.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
You want something like benbolden posted another, pricer, option would be a JL Cleansweep. The stock deck thinks that no matter what kind of speaker you put in that it has stock speakers and to make up for it when you turn the volume up it turns down the bass so that the crappy stock speakers don't distort as badly as they would. Edit: The line out converters counter acts this and allows the user to have full control over the sound that they want.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
haha yes JL audio is where im gonna get my stealth box for behind the seat just wondering if this clean sweep will affect the XM that goes into the stock
HU
Old 12-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
And for having awsome sound in my truck price is not a problem for me im going to have this truck for a long time so i want some good quality sound without making my truck a target for B&E
Old 12-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
Come and take them.

No. The clean sweep nor the LC6I will not effect your XM. All they are doing is sending a good strong, clean signal to your amps. The basically just plug into your speaker wires. You have to power the unit of course.

The units are generically called active line output converters. They are alot better than the passive line output converters or "LOC's".
Old 12-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
^That. The only thing that the line out's affect is the signals going to your speakers.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
oh ok gotcha
Old 12-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
There are a lot of options for this type of project, and they range from simple line out connectors, to items like the Alpine PXE-h660, Audison Bitone, BitTen, et al, JBL MS8, CleanSweep, etc.

The AudioControl units are glorified LOC devices, with no way of eliminating the preset EQ on a stereo. They simply amplify it, and add in a bass boost circuit to counteract this common complaint. It doesnt make it a bad or useless unit, but it is not an EQ correction device, if one is desired.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Cleansweep. It worked well.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
zrider91r is on a distinguished road
Name: Antwon
zrider91r's Tacoma Gallery
I have a scosch LOC, can someone tell me what wires i need to tap into? I have used these on a ton of my friends cars, But i cant find what wires i need.

I was told it was
Pink, Violet, light green and blue.
they are all thicker wires behind the HU.
Someone help... please..