1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 stereos

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tacomarich, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dec 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    tacomarich

tacomarich [OP] luvsoffroading

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    anyone think the new stereos in the 2012 are a bit weak sounding? they have the two ceiling mounted speakers now, instead of the back i think. the new stereos just dont seem loud enough and have to crank them high.

i thought i got stiffed when i noticed no two back speakers but then realized later, the two speakers are ceiling mounted. just not feeling the new stereo and also weak how they dont come with the six disc cd changers either.

2. Dec 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    tacomarich

tacomarich [OP] luvsoffroading

Member:
    First Name:
    rich
    arizona
    Vehicle:
    trd 4x4 offroad
    well thats weak. i miss my stock 06 cd changer and the sound was better. looks like an upgrade is in order. so none of them come with the changers anymore either?

3. Dec 14, 2011 at 6:16 AM
    WheelinJ91

WheelinJ91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Airaid Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Toytec OME 3" lift w/AAL, Flip-kit, LR UCA's, Weathertech Floor mats, hood and window deflectors.
    The Ceiling must ONLY be on the access because im sure that in my 12' DCSB that i have door mounted speakers in the back, only thing i plan on changin in the speakers and adding amp and subs since i like having the stock set up up front ( usb port kinda hidden, and having my stearing wheel controls work ) and honestly who needs a 6 disk changer anymore i load all my cds onto my Ipod and plug that B***H in and go haha, but on a serious note, yeah the sound system kinda sucks, wont lie though my ford i just traded in was able to put out better base wile cranked (stock) then the toyota, i found that as long at the base isnt maxed when you turn it up then you are fine ( but i like my music so a upgrade is in order).

Sorry for jacking post, OP :cheers:

Products Discussed in

To Top