Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

The wife just ordered some X-mas gifts for me! Opinions please!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
The wife just ordered some X-mas gifts for me! Opinions please!

Well I installed my Valor double din dvd player last month and my wife was kind enough to order the rest of the "stuff" I'm going to need to complete my install. Here's what was ordered so far...

2 MB Quart Onyx Amplifiers. For my mid\highs, the "Onxy4.125" rated at 250w per channel at 2 Ohms AND for my subs the Onxy1.1500D" rated @ 1000w @ 2 ohms. Here is some info on those amps:

http://www.mbquart.com/onyx_amps.html

And for my subs I'm getting the MB Quart "RLP" Shallow mount 12" subs.

http://www.mbquart.com/reference_subs_rlp.html

Now I know that these aren't the top-of-the-line Products, but I really like what I saw in the reviews\comments from real users!

Feel free to leave your opinions good or bad!!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. You definitely won't be hurting for power! What speakers will you be running for your mids and up?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a nice setup, enjoy!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Those are good Bang for the Buck amplifiers. Just keep your gains down. I also want to know what other speakers you'll be running?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies everyone! Makes me feel alot better about them since I've never really had any experience with Mb Quart!

For the mids and up there are 2 different component set-ups I'm looking at the first is this:

http://www.amazon.com/MB-Quart-ONX21...4009223&sr=8-3

But for the price I'm leaning more towards this set:

http://www.amazon.com/MB-Quart-DSD21...009483&sr=8-10

To be quite honest it will most likely depend on my funding once X-mas is over. I plan on installing everything by the first week of January. The biggest problem for me is time since I only have 1 day off a week!

Please feel free to leave input regarding the 2 set-up I'm looking at!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really curious about those subs. Has anyone ever herd them in a setup yet? The price is nice on them, they look solid, but I've never heard MB Quart subs before.

Products Discussed in this Thread