Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Question about sound dampening

Old 11-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question about sound dampening

I have bought a bunch of sound dampening material from Second Skin Audio (damplifier pro and luxury liner pro) and I plan on installing it over the weekend. But these products individually are fairly thick. Then, putting them together (on the floor of the cab), it's gonna be a good 1/2" thick!

So, how is this going to affect putting the interior back together? I realize I need to leave holes open for bolts, etc... but will the stuff compress enough to allow me to reattach the bolts? I'm sure Toyota didn't design the interior to accept an extra 1/2" of stuff under the carpet... So, putting seats back in, the center console back in, etc...

Has anyone done this or have any tips?

Also, how about spray adhesive? How many cans would I need for the floor/doors? And are there any I should stay away from (i.e. any that would have a corrosive effect on the dampening mat)?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
Gen3Benz is on a distinguished road
Gen3Benz's Tacoma Gallery
I saw pics of your install....how did it go?
Looks f-in awesome.

Did you buy the bulk pack of DP and 4 sheets of LLP?