Notices

Kenwood DDX-712 Install

Old 12-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
ShaneG is on a distinguished road
Navy: SCPO / P-3 Aircrew
Name: Shane
ShaneG's Tacoma Gallery
Kenwood DDX-712 Install

Just had a buddy of mine give me his DDX-712 which I plan on installing as soon as I get dash kit, harness, etc on order. Questions - the deck comes with what you see in the pic below, which is basically the necessary wires and the deck itself. No sleeve is attached. For those of you with this unit, or any similar unit for that matter, did you find that you actually needed the sleeve or did you do without?

Judging from what I've read, I think I'll be going with the Metra dash kit and hardware (harness, steering wheel adapter.) Sounds like it's of a better quality. Any particular retailer or online site that you guys would recommend? Ditto with getting the bluetooth module for this stereo - any particular site that sells them on the cheap?

Thanks!

Shane
Old 12-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a different unit but it was a double din and it made me reuse the stock brackets which worked perfectly and the sleeve was not needed
Old 12-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
ShaneG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
I just installed a different unit but it was a double din and it made me reuse the stock brackets which worked perfectly and the sleeve was not needed
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks....
Old 12-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
ShaneG's Tacoma Gallery
Another couple of questions related to the install of this unit.

First, I've got the iPod/iPhone cable which utilizes an audio/video 3.5mm jacks on the back of the stereo. I was hoping to keep the OEM auxiliary jack functioning. Would I be able to do so by installing a Y-connector in the back of the stereo (male-female-female)?

Also, I am picking up a KCA-BT300 Bluetooth module for hands-free and music streaming. For those of you who are using these separate modules, where did you mount them?

Thanks....