Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

0 Gauge Amp Kit - Distribution Block to Two Amps

Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
0 Gauge Amp Kit - Distribution Block to Two Amps

So I'm pretty sure this will work but just checking.

I have a Stinger 0 gauge amp kit that I will run off my battery to a power distribution block.

Battery ---0 Gauge Wire + Inline Fuse---Distribution Block 0 gauge in/two 4gauge outputs

Distribution Block Output 1 ----4gauge---- 1 Farad Capacitor ----4gauge---- 750w RMS Mono Amplifier
Distribution Block Output 2 -4gauge---- 400/4 Amplifier

Throw out some ideas on where you would put everything and why.

Going to have the amp in the middle section of the Sub box behind the rear seats...thinking of putting the distribution block inside the drivers side storage compartment with the capacitor...400/1 amplifier under the driver seat...crossover locations unsure.
Or would putting the Capacitor before the distribution block work better...probably...0 gauge probably too big though.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
So I'm pretty sure this will work but just checking.

I have a Stinger 0 gauge amp kit that I will run off my battery to a power distribution block.

Battery ---0 Gauge Wire + Inline Fuse---Distribution Block 0 gauge in/two 4gauge outputs

Distribution Block Output 1 ----4gauge---- 1 Farad Capacitor ----4gauge---- 750w RMS Mono Amplifier
Distribution Block Output 2 -4gauge---- 400/4 Amplifier

Throw out some ideas on where you would put everything and why.

Going to have the amp in the middle section of the Sub box behind the rear seats...thinking of putting the distribution block inside the drivers side storage compartment with the capacitor...400/1 amplifier under the driver seat...crossover locations unsure.
Or would putting the Capacitor before the distribution block work better...probably...0 gauge probably too big though.
I assume that your distribution block is fused? If not, it needs to be. Other than that the capacitor is probably unnecessary, especially considering that you have the 140amp alternator, but you are installing in an acceptable spot in your system.

If you are planning to remove both of the plastic bins in the back, put your amp rack on the box. If you are trying to keep one bin, place them under the front seats. If you delete the capacitor you should be able to fit everything but the sub under the seats pretty easily.