1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help with wiring up my pioneer avh3300bt

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Stout890, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jan 14, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    so i got my stereo in yesterday and i want to install it today, i have a few questions.

1. do you connect the stereo units ground wire to the ground on the trucks factory connector? or ground the stereo to the frame?

2. do i need to connect the reverse gear wire if i am not going to install a reverse camera?

3. if i do the bypass is it a 5pin relay or can i just use a 4 pin relay since the center pin is always left alone?

4. if i have a external amp running my 4 main speakers do i need to connect those speaker wires on the harness to the trucks harness even though it uses rca connection from the amp? (i imagine it wont hurt if i did, but still curious)

5. IF i can just ground the unit out through the trucks black wire in the harness, can i also tie in the relays ground for the bypass there as well?

2. Jan 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    1. Either works

2. No, but it would be ready if you ever did.

3. Doesn't matter, whatever is easiest to find.

4. No need to connect if using the RCAs.

5. Yes.

3. Jan 14, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    ^^^ X2

I have the same unit with a Pioneer back up camera. Freaking like the camera when backing up.

You will like the BT connection, it works like a charm.

4. Jan 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    Thanks I'll give it a shot and see how it all turns out.
    Oh and I also had another question.
    The remote wire or system wire that goes to the relay, do I connect that to the power antenna on my harness?

And also the mute wire, do I just leave that alone?

5. Jan 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Well I got it installed and the remote wire did not need to be hooked up. I basically looked at the harness coming out of my truck and took notice of what wires matched up. the power antenna wasn't even on my Tacoma harness, so I just wired it to the relay and than to the amp and that's it.

6. Jan 15, 2012 at 4:48 AM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    The remote wire can be used for an antenna or used for an external amp, etc. Basically anything you want turned on when the unit itself comes on.

The mute wire gets ignored unless you have some sort of add-on device that you want to be able to mute from the headunit. I've never seen on in use, so no advice other than it doesn't seem to hurt if left by itself.

7. Feb 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    93civEJ1

93civEJ1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD OR
    Procomp 6" Stage 1, Bilstein 5100's in front, flowmaster 40 series
    this is an excellent thread because I was wondering the exact same things. The pioneer harness has a gold C crimped on the end of the wire to like ground to a chassis. So I can cut this off and just wire straight to the truck harness? correct?
    I plan to run components up front and only my rear door speakers will be on deck power, so I only need to hook up the rear speaker wires? What happens if i still hooked all of them up? but still use the front pre-out?

8. Feb 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Well from what I remember you still need to hook speakers up to the harness because they get the music signals from the stereo but it's routed too the amp and than from amp to speakers?

For some reason I'm feeling I'm wrong but how than would your speakers get the music if there not connected to the stereo.

Can someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong

Edit: I just remembered/realized the amp gets speaker signals through RCA lol I knew It didn't seam right what I was thinking before lol

9. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    Moongazer58

Moongazer58 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Long Island
    I just put in the AVH-p4300dvd and wired ALL the speaker wires to the Scosche harness, but I am just using the head unit plus stock speakers.

Does anyone know where to connect the reverse wire when using a camera?
    I have an 08 DC with 6 spd MT.

Thanks

10. Feb 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    L J

L J Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport DCLB
    It's a red/white stripe wire coming from the gray plug located behind the drivers kick panel.

11. Feb 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    Moongazer58

Moongazer58 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Long Island
    Thanks LJ!

Products Discussed in

To Top