Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Amazon.com Speaker Box?

Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
NoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud ofNoDrAmA357HK has much to be proud of

Army: S-3 Operations
Name: Michael
NoDrAmA357HK's Tacoma Gallery
Amazon.com Speaker Box?

R/T Dual 10" Toyota Tacoma 2005 - 2011 Dual Cab Sealed Speaker Box

$84.99 on amazon.com.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone purchased this box or similar design?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
I constructed a similar one. Works great.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
levi
Robertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to all

Name: Levi
Robertocritser's Tacoma Gallery
just bought this box with 2 10 inch kickers and it sounds good, fits behind the rear seats perfect! couldnt be happier with the deisgn and how good it fit.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: civil engineer
Name: nicholas
rubberduckytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertocritser View Post
just bought this box with 2 10 inch kickers and it sounds good, fits behind the rear seats perfect! couldnt be happier with the deisgn and how good it fit.
did you have to take out the storage stuff for it to fit?? prolly a stupid ? just wondering lol
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
i have one similar to that yes you have to take the storage compartments out and the seat backs. i actually cut the center out of the storage compartments and fitted it back around the box, it looks way better like that. im also goin to attach velcro and cover the backs of my seat with cloth
Old 01-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't you need to also cut all the tabs which hold the plastic storage in place with that box?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #8
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Wouldn't you need to also cut all the tabs which hold the plastic storage in place with that box?
I didnt have to cut anything to get my box in there, but after i installed it i didnt like the unfinished look above the box. So i took the bins and cut off the top part to "finish" it off back there.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #10
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Sweeeet. Am changing up my stereo setup and am planning on getting this box. So glad I found a thread about it. Gotta love TW.

So for those who have it. Are you still able to fold your seats flat? Any issues with cone excursion hitting the seat backs? I have my 60 portion of the seats back removed already. Gonna either Velcro or fabric glue some black fabric over the back to clean it up some. Any other input about this setup?

Thanks guys.

For reference i will be running an Alpine pdx v9 5 channel to a sundown sd2 10". Sub wll be behind passenger. Planning on cutting out the other sub opening.. enlarging it and using it as my storage compartment for my camping/survival bag. Ditching the plastic and using the wood box instead.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome way to finish the top Kelson. Looks great.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #12
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Sweeeet. Am changing up my stereo setup and am planning on getting this box. So glad I found a thread about it. Gotta love TW.

So for those who have it. Are you still able to fold your seats flat? Any issues with cone excursion hitting the seat backs? I have my 60 portion of the seats back removed already. Gonna either Velcro or fabric glue some black fabric over the back to clean it up some. Any other input about this setup?

Thanks guys.

For reference i will be running an Alpine pdx v9 5 channel to a sundown sd2 10". Sub wll be behind passenger. Planning on cutting out the other sub opening.. enlarging it and using it as my storage compartment for my camping/survival bag. Ditching the plastic and using the wood box instead.
Good idea! Something worth mentioning the box listed is too big for the sd-2 unless you fill it with something to take up the extra space. I may do that. I'm torn between the sd-2 and the Arc10 sub.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
subb'd
I don't think it'll work for the RC.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #14
jslum is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks guys.

I was thinking about getting this box and cutting off one speaker side and keeping the storage bin behind the drivers side seat. anyone think this will work? if not hollowing it out seems like a good Idea too

also, it looks like the "amp rack" in the middle isn't really tall enough to hold any type of amp
Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #15
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, cutting off one sub box works fine. One box and the amp rack fits perfect on the 60 side. Also note the I cut the passenger-side sub box off such that the sub would then be behind the center seat, not the passenger seat. I.e., the amp board was closest to the passenger side wall. Then you can sell the leftover sub box and recoup some $$$. I sold mine for $40.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #16
woode87 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aircraft Mechanic
Name: Eric
woode87's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this same box a few weeks ago and recently installed it with two 10" 250w RMS Polk sub woofers for $50 and a 250w x2 RMS Polk amp for $150 that fits nicely in the middle.

I definitely should have just chopped off the driver side box and went with one 10" sub - waaaaayyyy more bass than I needed.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
Trentw is on a distinguished road

Name: Trent
Trentw's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly the info I was looking for on this box, thx for the thread
Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
Willcory is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
Willcory's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if this box fit its a 2013??
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #19
Scotty Doesnt Know
scotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to beholdscotty225 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
scotty225's Tacoma Gallery
i have that box in my 2012 but in 8inch and it fit fine for me.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #20
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks guys.

So... finished install on said build ^^^

Pioneer AVH P4400 (already installed)
Ebay dual 10" enclosure I cut and made a custom storage unit in on side
Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp
Sundown SD-2 10"
Alpine Type R 6.5" components
Alpine Type R 6.5" coaxials (to be installed)

didnt get many pics.. too busy installing.

The box is great. More solid than I expected. Fits great. Especially with the extra sound deadening material and ensolite foam. Makes for a tight fit. The idea for cutting the other side out worked great. Picked up some tool drawer non slip matting to use to cover the wood on the inside. Used headliner glue and staples to make sure it was solid. No fitment iisues anywhere. Removed the rear plastic on the 60 portion of rear seat to accommodate the Sundown's excursion... and speaking of the sundown... its AMAZING. I have my alpine amp turned up to maybe 25% power... and the sub is booming. Have it at -4 on the deck too. Flat EQ. Highly HIGHLY recommend this amp and sub combo.

the one side after cutting.

done after adding padding on the entire inside, adding hooks and bungies for support, and throwing in my gear bag, hatchet, and shovel.