1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing Kenwood DDX318, ran into a hiccup

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Incognito, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jan 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    Incognito

Incognito [OP] No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Does anybody know if you are supposed to use the metal "sleeve" that the headunit comes in? It's the bracket that you have to bend the metal tabs to hold the headunit in place, according to the directions. There are no holes drilled on the sides for the side brackets to bolt to the headunit.

Am I supposed to punch holes in that sleeve where the screws go or what? Hope this makes sense, install was going well until I tried to figure this out.

Thanks in advance...

2. Jan 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    VanCity4x

VanCity4x Well-Known Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    3link on tons
    I didnt use the sleve when I installed mine. There was screw holes on the unit that the brackets fit perfectly too. Then i bolted it the the cab. Dont know about Kenwood but would think it would be the same. Check for screw holes on the new unit. Pictures also help.

3. Jan 20, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    XJBaylor

XJBaylor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Plano, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    King coilovers with remote reservoirs, Deaver 12 leaf pack with 5100's, TRD exhaust, Kenwood 6160, Anthracite Sport Wheels
    Do not use the sleeve. Bolt the brackets directly to the chassis of the HU. The holes will line up perfectly, if they don't something is off. Keep things simple and you won't have any problems. If things start to seem complicated stop what you are doing and rethink the process, you will probably find that there was a simple solution to whatever issue you ran into.

Products Discussed in

To Top