1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Issue w/ new HU

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 2009Taco, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Dec 1, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    2009Taco

2009Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Highlander
    Hello, I tried to put in a new HU this weekend, but ran into some issues. I was trying to install an Eclipse 3200, I bought it used on another forum. I used the wiring harness that he included for his Taco, which may have been one of the issues. When I first got it installed, it was working w/ the iPod kit (IPC-106) I bought from him as well. There was a cd stuck in the unit, which is another issue. Anyways, as I was driving that evening, the iPod was skipping and then I switched to the radio, and that started to scan some stations as well. I wasn't sure if it was a lose connection or what. I looked at it the next morning and it looked alright. When I got everything back together, the iPod wasn't working, I switched a few of the pin settings, and it worked while I had the truck on, then when I left again later, it was no longer working. I just put the factory HU back in until I can get this figured out and make sure the HU is OK.

Sorry this is such a long post, Now for the questions

1. I wired in the yellow power from the IPC-106 in the the HU harness, and used the back of the HU for a ground, was that the cause of my issues?

2. Any ideas how to get this cd unstuck from the HU? I tried to reset the HU, thinking it may kick out the cd, but it didn't.

3. Now, the lights on the back up my factory HU and in the AC controls don't illuminate when the truck is on like they used too. When I turn on my fogs or headlights, they do light up and dim like I would like as well. Is there a way to get this working again? While I like the fact that the lights only come on when the truck lights are on, I don't like the fact that 1, it shouldn't be this way and 2, the instrument cluster is still illuminating.

It has just been one of those weeks, I got some HID's as well, the fog lights worked properly, but the headlights didn't. I also tried to replace my electronic tailgate lock with the replacement lock he sent me, but it doesn't engage in the right place, so that doesn't work either.

I'm glad it's a new week!

Thanks for your time

2. Dec 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM
    rkdiddy

rkdiddy Senior Member

Member:
    OC Baby!
    Vehicle:
    '08 Taco DC PR
    I would ground the IPC-106 to the ground the head unit is running to or tap into the round bar behind the head unit.

Press and hold eject for longer than 5 seconds with panel open.

Make sure you plugged in the harness that taps into the AC/clock controls. It can get pushed underneath your stereo.

EDIT: Not sure if he included an owners manual, but here you go. http://www.eclipse-web.com/download/manual/cd3200_e/audio/pdf/CD3200ae99.pdf

Hope that helps.

R

3. Dec 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM
    2009Taco

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Highlander
    OK, every time I tried to eject the cd with the panel open, it would go and close again. I didn't want to break the front panel either.

Thanks

4. Dec 2, 2008 at 7:46 AM
    2009Taco

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Highlander
    bump for the morning people :)

5. Dec 2, 2008 at 9:09 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    I had the same problem with my Eclipse 7200MKII, if you look the "door" is NOT opening all the way. You basically have two choices here (I took replacing mine choice) You can file down the right side of your dash kit approx. 2mm or replace the deck itself. Take a look, you will see it is indeed hitting the dash kit....barley but enought for the door not to open completely. sorry for you too. :(

6. Dec 3, 2008 at 4:15 AM
    2009Taco

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Highlander
    ya, i noticed that as well and i did file it down already. the 'door' opens all the way, it's just stuck in there.

thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top