1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 tacoma access cab install HELP!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by chipper, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Jan 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    chipper

chipper [OP] New Member

Member:
    hey guys I need a little help! First does anyone have a diagram for the stock stereo, Not the JL either, Just the standard regular one? Im going to use my stock head unit and just add some alpine componets with a JL amp I bought. So i bought the line out converter and the dude and the audio shop said i need to run it to both front speakers since im not running a sub at this time "instead of running the LOC to just the right or left side" whats the thought and does anyone know how to install one of these? I guess we need the toyota stock diagram first right? thanks

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    thatguy0o0

thatguy0o0 trunk monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle:
    White '13 TRD Sport.
    Your LOC is going to give RCA output because most factory systems don't have them. So first off make sure that your amp has the option of running full range to correctly play full range speakers. After that you will need to test the wires behind the radio to find your left front positive and negative as well as the right front positive and negative speaker wires. Normally while I am back there with the radio out I will grab remote turn on which would just be the Ignition wire. I am not 100% sure on the colors right now but if you are descent with a multi-meter it's pretty simple (just remember that when testing wires, your speaker wire is AC not DC so you will have to move back and forth between the two and for extra surety if you have some sort of tone generator once you find the wires test them to double check). Honestly since you are behind the radio once you find the correct speaker wires cut them and run the speaker side directly to the amp and the output from the radio directly to the LOC and then power, ground, and remote of course. I know it is a lot of crazy wording but let me get a hold of some wire colors for you that way you can be really sure...even if I do find the wire colors for you, you MUST test them because they are not always correct! You generally only get one goof before you could really mess something up with 12v. So Let me do some research and I will get back at you probably tomorrow. Welcome to TW by the way.

3. Jan 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    chipper

chipper [OP] New Member

Member:
    Dude thanks a million, so much helpful information. I looked all around and couldn't really find anything for 2010 so I was going to just trace the wires back from the speaker to the head unit.

4. Jan 28, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    thatguy0o0

thatguy0o0 trunk monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rapid City SD
    Vehicle:
    White '13 TRD Sport.
    That's an option but make sure you test everything. Just to cover yourself.

Products Discussed in

To Top