Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

calling all audio gurus....opinions please

Old 01-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #21
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Greg
Wizzard005's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteben View Post
I'm getting a system done in my '12 in about 2 weeks too. I'll be using the stock HU with a Audison Bit Ten, 2 way Hybrid's up front (active), no rears, and a single IDQ10 in a MrMarv enclosure. All powered by a ARC 300.4 and a 500.1 Mini.

I'm in Socal if you wanna listen to it when done.

CANT WAIT!
Do you have entune?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
midniteben is on a distinguished road
midniteben's Tacoma Gallery
no.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #23
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I guess it doesn't matter since your having it done Front tweeters have x-overs someplace in the wiring, if you are having a shop do it, i would assume they will run wire to the doors...
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #24
Team no taco
Cinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCinco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 9th BN 94th DIV Instructor
Name: Jose
Cinco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Why do you think a different amp is necessary?
Well I just think there is better out there for the money. I'm not really a fan of the ARC XDI series. If you get a good price then jump on it. I'm just not a fan of ARC at that price point.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #28
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
I guess it doesn't matter since your having it done Front tweeters have x-overs someplace in the wiring, if you are having a shop do it, i would assume they will run wire to the doors...
If I recall correctly there is a small capacitor wired directly to the "tweeter" in the stock location. It's not in the wiring itself. So when you take out the tweeter it will be gone.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
If I recall correctly there is a small capacitor wired directly to the "tweeter" in the stock location. It's not in the wiring itself. So when you take out the tweeter it will be gone.
Verified for my 2011 Double Cab, non-JBL system.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #30
Quote:
Hey wizard....ill be back in kauai in September...love to see your truck in person.
Kauai population 32,000
Tacoma trucks 32,000
LOL too funny but true ;/ Sure message me here and I will send you my phone number..
Old 01-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
Quote:
the entune system must be different then, because its either from the amp, or someplace in the wiring there is a filter :/

I had to run all new wireing to the doors in mine to fix the problem and then run wire back to my BitOne for tweeters for the front.. It was a pain in the A$$
Old 01-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #32
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
the entune system must be different then, because its either from the amp, or someplace in the wiring there is a filter :/

I had to run all new wireing to the doors in mine to fix the problem and then run wire back to my BitOne for tweeters for the front.. It was a pain in the A$$
Can we get a picture of the back of your stock tweeters?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #33
Quote:
Can we get a picture of the back of your stock tweeters?
Ya I can do that later tonight.. I will post it up here...
Old 01-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #34
Sounds Gooooood

Sweet, if the crossover isn't on the tweeter then I'm curious how they're doing it. They must have changed something in the rest of the system....or the Matrix.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #35
Quote:
Sweet, if the crossover isn't on the tweeter then I'm curious how they're doing it. They must have changed something in the rest of the system....or the Matrix.
no idea, I wasnt willing to trace the wiring... I used to be an installer with Tweeter Etc, been doing car audio for some time now..

I think there is a cap on the non-JBL systems, however maybe entune is really different..
Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #36
midniteben is on a distinguished road
midniteben's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey midniteben...my office is in glendale,ca. Holler at me if ya see me. I'm getting mine in next wed. Get yours done and we can battle. Jk...
Just curious, where are you getting you system done?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #38
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
So I dropped off my truck this morning...full dynamat...upgraded from focal ps165's to the v30 up front..pc165 rear...stealthbox...arc audio xdi805 amp...audio control lc6i...keeping stock head unit for now. I trust these guys, have seen their work and i know its going to be a great sounding system. I'll keep you guys posted when I pick up tonight. Thanks again for everyone's input.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #39
TJMortensen is on a distinguished road
TJMortensen's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, around how much was your set up. I'm currently getting almost the exact setup in my 2014. focal ps165 in the front, 165isc in the rear, kenwood sub with custom box, arc805 amp, and lcq-1, and then dynamat.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #40
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMortensen View Post
Just curious, around how much was your set up. I'm currently getting almost the exact setup in my 2014. focal ps165 in the front, 165isc in the rear, kenwood sub with custom box, arc805 amp, and lcq-1, and then dynamat.
If I recall correctly, it was roughly$2400.