1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

speaker help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Casey05Taco, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Feb 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
    Having trouble picking out new speakers for my access cab. Wantibg to do 6 x 9 in the front and 6.5 in the back. Also do you see much of a difference in after market tweeters? As for now I have an alpine type x in my truck so I have plenty of bass. Mostly asking peoples opinions on what brand and model they enjoy.

2. Feb 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    I have Kicker DS60's in the front now but I used to have some Kenwood KFC-X683C and they were nice but didn't get very loud due to their low sensitivity. imo you can't go wrong with anything Alpine, Kicker, Rockford, Polk Audio, or Kenwood but if you want to run it on the power of a head unit and expect it to get as loud as your subs then look for something with high sensitivity. If you plan to amp it you can probably save a little bit of money and get something with a lower sensitivity and higher rms. Personally I want to get some Polk Audio DXi 6500 they have a very high sens and 100w rms for my truck. If you don't want to go all out you'll be fine with a 2 way speaker I really don't notice a difference in where tweeters are placed but that may just be my hearing loss. I also have unplugged my stock tweets because they made some weird sounds when I replaced the head unit with an aftermarket, Kenwood KDCX395.

3. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
  4. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    Warhorseforever

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
  5. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    I saw a BOGO deal on a pair of Kicker KS600's, so I took a chance w/the stock HU. Made a big difference in my D Cab, but the stock speakers are junk so that's not a shocker. I just left the stock tweets in place.

6. Mar 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    Goober

Goober Earthlings are fun to watch!

Member:
    Utah - Why just have only one?
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off-Planet AccessCab
    Where did you unplug the tweeters? In the door or at the head? Those things kill my ears.

7. Mar 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    Warhorseforever

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    For stock tweets? I have 2-ways on my door and the stock tweeters sounded horrible compared to the kickers so I unplugged it from the tweeter itself while I had the door panel off.

Products Discussed in

To Top