Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

'09 stereo (there are no stupid questions..?)

Old 12-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
'09 stereo (there are no stupid questions..?)

This seems rediculous but I gotta confirm it. Does the volume output at the speakers increase the faster you go? I swear my stereo gets quieter at red lights, then gets louder as I accelerate.

Also, has anyone had intermittant problems with being able to adjust the equalizer? Sometimes, when I push in the knob the EQ opens but I can't adjust any of the settings; I can scroll through BASS, TREB, etc, but I cant change the BASS from 1 to 2 for example.The truck is spankin' new and I suspect there is a problems with the stereo but before I go back to the dealer I though I'd check here to make sure that I'm not unknowingly 'locking' the EQ or something.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
This seems rediculous but I gotta confirm it. Does the volume output at the speakers increase the faster you go? I swear my stereo gets quieter at red lights, then gets louder as I accelerate.
My Dad's Silverado has that feature to make up for the engine noise, don't know if the Taco's do or not, but I have noticed at times the stereo was quieter than I though I had set it. Just kinda dismissed it... I'll be sure to be looking for a pattern now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Also, has anyone had intermittant problems with being able to adjust the equalizer? Sometimes, when I push in the knob the EQ opens but I can't adjust any of the settings; I can scroll through BASS, TREB, etc, but I cant change the BASS from 1 to 2 for example.The truck is spankin' new and I suspect there is a problems with the stereo but before I go back to the dealer I though I'd check here to make sure that I'm not unknowingly 'locking' the EQ or something.

Thanks!
I've heard people have had problems adjusting the volume and such... Check it out over the next few days, and if it keeps doing it, take it back to the dealer.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:08 AM   #3
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
The '09 stereo has an AMS function that, when enabled, adjusts the volume for speed. It is well explained in the owner manual and can be disabled.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 AM   #4
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
My complaint about the '09 stereo is how horrible the radio is at picking up stations. The sensitivity of the tuner seems to be equivalent to that of a brick.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
DestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of light

DestroyerFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcpa View Post
my complaint about the '09 stereo is how horrible the radio is at picking up stations. The sensitivity of the tuner seems to be equivalent to that of a brick.
qft! ! !
Old 12-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
My complaint about the '09 stereo is how horrible the radio is at picking up stations. The sensitivity of the tuner seems to be equivalent to that of a brick.
True, it does seem that the antenna is only there for looks... possibly made from 100% plastic.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
My complaint now is just volume......it kicks the bass way down at 25 and just sucks wind from there going up......
Old 12-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My SE-R had would automatically lower the volume of my stereo depending on how fast I was going. The faster I got, the louder it would get.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
HokieTaco is on a distinguished road
HokieTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I thought I was crazy, I was experiencing the same thing.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
I'm personally not a fan. Just cycle through the settings and switch AMS to OFF.