Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

OttoNavi OEM Look Navigation for Tacoma 05+ ( Review )

Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Dude....Awesome write up. I personally am waiting because I heard mention of the G3, but I think from what I see here you get a lot for 700.00. Its nice having the factory look.

Great Job...
thanks, having the factory look is what I wanted, after this weekend I'll know if the unit performs well, as I'll be on the road all weekend. Sucks that the G3 is coming out right after but nothing I can do now.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
So far I enjoy the unit myself. I mounted the GPS on the passenger side top of the window. I routed the wires through the plastic covering the cross beam, and down through a little panel by the door. They forgot to add in the back up camera on the initial shipment, but it should be on its way right now (very quick resolution to the problem after the e-mail). I swapped over the 2gb card to a 16gb card and it seems to run a bit faster.

Now, I bought a new HD but can't seem to get the music to come off of it but it would my old HD. I just want to figure out a way to make the 16gb card into more processor speed...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
the purpose of the folder named \StaticStore\I9\Photo which contains a lot of artist pictures.
this is where the UI will load artist picture when playing MP3s.

All you need to do is to drop a 200x160 .jpg file in this folder.
Make sure the name of the file matches the artist name inside the MP3.

Example: I dropped a file named "The Beatles.jpg" and here's what I get when playing one of their songs:

I think this will work also for the the TACOMA....

Now even if the MP3 has an embedded picture, it doesn't seem to take it.
I haven't found a way of getting album pictures either.
But it is certainly nicer this way.

Now I need to go and retrieve all my favorite artists pictures...
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
So far I enjoy the unit myself. I mounted the GPS on the passenger side top of the window. I routed the wires through the plastic covering the cross beam, and down through a little panel by the door. They forgot to add in the back up camera on the initial shipment, but it should be on its way right now (very quick resolution to the problem after the e-mail). I swapped over the 2gb card to a 16gb card and it seems to run a bit faster.

Now, I bought a new HD but can't seem to get the music to come off of it but it would my old HD. I just want to figure out a way to make the 16gb card into more processor speed...
What do you mean you can not get the music to come off it?
Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottonavigps View Post
the purpose of the folder named \StaticStore\I9\Photo which contains a lot of artist pictures.
this is where the UI will load artist picture when playing MP3s.

All you need to do is to drop a 200x160 .jpg file in this folder.
Make sure the name of the file matches the artist name inside the MP3.

Example: I dropped a file named "The Beatles.jpg" and here's what I get when playing one of their songs:

I think this will work also for the the TACOMA....

Now even if the MP3 has an embedded picture, it doesn't seem to take it.
I haven't found a way of getting album pictures either.
But it is certainly nicer this way.

Now I need to go and retrieve all my favorite artists pictures...
hmm I don't see that folder in my card, can I just add it in? the only folders I have are:

-backup
-iGO8
Old 02-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #26
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Those are the only folders I had too. No, the music comes off it is just REALLY slow to bring anything off the USB.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #27

updated.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mine today.

As with the OP, one of the semi-perfs on the OEM bracket doesn't match up with the hole on the unit. I ground off the semi-perf with a dremel.

One of the screw holes on each side has a brace passing under it, causing the OEM screw to bottom out. I put two 1/16" thick, #10 washers under the screw.

Attached Thumbnails
OttoNavi OEM Look Navigation for Tacoma 05+ ( Review )-semi_perf.jpg   OttoNavi OEM Look Navigation for Tacoma 05+ ( Review )-semi_gnd_off.jpg   OttoNavi OEM Look Navigation for Tacoma 05+ ( Review )-shallow_hole.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #29

Currently my I-pod cable is malfunctioning; still waiting on them to send me another one.

-On a recent road trip using the navigation the unit froze, saying there was not enough memory, I had to turn off the truck and reboot it.

-Still having trouble with getting some video files to play.

-Ipod still does not show album covers ( even though they show on everything else )
Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #30

Air Force:
Hey man, my GPS isn't working anymore. It gives me an error code when I go to turn it on. Comes up saying it has to restart. Restart everything and it still does it. Do you/have you ran into this problem yet?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #31

Air Force:
Ken, you didn't take out the screws on top of the unit.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Hey man, my GPS isn't working anymore. It gives me an error code when I go to turn it on. Comes up saying it has to restart. Restart everything and it still does it. Do you/have you ran into this problem yet?
Have not run into that yet. Hoping I don't.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #33

Air Force:
I got it fixed. Had to reload all the stuff back onto the Sim card.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
hmm I don't see that folder in my card, can I just add it in? the only folders I have are:

-backup
-iGO8
That is because that is the SD card for the GPS file. You should not put any files on there as it can corrupt your GPS file. Try and insert an SD card in the media slot.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #36
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Does it have voice turn by turn navigation?

Is the Bluetooth sound quality good on both ends?

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #37
Tunajoe13 is just really niceTunajoe13 is just really niceTunajoe13 is just really niceTunajoe13 is just really niceTunajoe13 is just really nice
Name: Joe
Tunajoe13's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Taco-NB;5555144]Does it have voice turn by turn navigation?

Thanks.[/QUOTE

I think I read that it does have voice turn by turn navigtion but havent tried it yet. I have the mic for the bluetooth mounted under my steering wheel and no one has said anything about the sound being to low and I dont have to talk loud at all. Also the reception is really good when streaming music with bluetooth.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
Does this look like spit to you?
Large Farva will become famous soon enough

Name: Who's Barry Badrinath?
Large Farva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
Does it have voice turn by turn navigation?

Thanks.
Yes, it does have voice turn by turn. The bluetooth is crap though, sucks all around. It connects the first call automatically every time too, so you have to make an effort to remember to check a VM or something if you don't want it automatically answering calls.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #39
marcumst is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Retired
marcumst's Tacoma Gallery
Great forum with knowledgeable people. Glad to see OttoNavi participating.

1. How do you do a periodic update of the N. America map?
2. What about periodic firmware upgrades to the system?
3. I have an OEM BU camera in the tailgate with viewer in the rear view mirror. Can it be utilized with this unit and not have to mount the provided camera?

Thanks,
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcumst View Post
Great forum with knowledgeable people. Glad to see OttoNavi participating.

1. How do you do a periodic update of the N. America map?
2. What about periodic firmware upgrades to the system?
3. I have an OEM BU camera in the tailgate with viewer in the rear view mirror. Can it be utilized with this unit and not have to mount the provided camera?

Thanks,
1. you can contact ottonavi for map updates...or look on other forums such as gpsunderground.com
2. you wouldn't need periodic firmware upgrades...if any are available we can email you the files...
3. the oem bu camera would not be supported w/ the unit. You woudl need to go aftermarket..