Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Stock stereo changing station on its own????

Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Squaretail is on a distinguished road
Squaretail's Tacoma Gallery
Stock stereo changing station on its own????

Hey guys,

I got an 08 tacoma 4x4 extended and the stock stereo just started acting up.... For example, I am listening to 99.3 and randomly it switches to either 99.1 or 99.5. It does this for any station and it happens within a matter of 30 seconds.

I think you can see how this becomes frustrating very quickly. It just started this today, but now I do recall that it was happening every once in a while yesterday.

Anyone have similar troubles or have any ideas as to what happened??
I did not do any modifications to the stereo system.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
You sound like this guy....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...t-machine.html
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
^^ What he said. Somewhat likely, I've done it before. Are you using the presets to change channels, THEN it does it? Or are you using the skip buttons to tune a station, the button may be sticking if thats the case.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Squaretail is on a distinguished road
Squaretail's Tacoma Gallery
Nope...the radio doesn't turn on by itself.

Brian: I am using the presets and it does it...when it goes from 99.3 to 99.5, I'll use the tune button to turn it back and it still does it. I'll check to see if any buttons are sticking.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing that I can think of that changes presets is the "Scan" function... press the button and it goes from one preset to the next, waits 30 secs so you can get an idea of what's on that channel, then jumps to the next, waits 30, and keeps going until you tell it to stop.

Now if that's not it, then maybe your radio is trying to tell you that Preset #4 is better than Preset #3, so just give in and change the stations that are preset around so that your main station is on what the radio wants to play

If you do that and the radio still sticks with the original station, then maybe you do have a ghost in the machine
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
mattn85 is on a distinguished road
mattn85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaretail View Post
Nope...the radio doesn't turn on by itself.

Brian: I am using the presets and it does it...when it goes from 99.3 to 99.5, I'll use the tune button to turn it back and it still does it. I'll check to see if any buttons are sticking.
Anyone else have any ideas?
I just started having the exact same problem in my 2005, did you ever find the cause and/or the solution?

Thanks, Matt
Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
ScottCh is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
ScottCh's Tacoma Gallery
I too am having problems with the radio randomly switching to static or another station. It is happening faster and faster as time goes by. What was everyone's solution
Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like its time to throw away the stock radio and upgrade!