Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

My dream has been...Delayed

Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
My dream has been...Delayed

So i finally got enough cash together to get a 7" Touchscreen in the truck. 2006 tacoma. I planned on doing the 2011 model 4300avh which was on sale for 399.99 At Quality Auto sound. The guy said it would be about 80 bucks for parts and 55 for labor so about 535 out the door. Cool works for me... Until he realized i have the JBL system... He told me i either have to buy a 120 dollar adaptor or replace all four of my speakers... I dont want to pay 120 bucks for something that will become useless as i planned on doing speakers later on this year... Is this guy legit?! Are the JBL speakers really not compatible?! i planned on doing Boston acoustic speakers all around or Focal just not immediately...
Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
the problems isn't the speakers its the external amp thats not compatible. but yes that is true you will need an adapter I'm not sure if the JBL is high or low power input. I has the same issue in my and Audi with Bose. Got my head unit installed and had to turn it full blast just to get any sound out of it. Got the adapter and everything worked great.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You can probably find the adapter cheaper online and do the install yourself. Installing a head unit is fairly simple, I'm completely incompetent when it comes to wiring and I've been able to do it before.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So i will probably end up buying the 2012 model avh4400 and just installing it myself along with speakers. Just gotta save up a couple more bucks! Anybody know what size speakers and how many il need? I want to go with Boston acoustics
Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bostons are sweet! check out Tacotunes.com they have all the info you'll need
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #6

Just wondering, I want to do two 10" Subwoofers and i want to go with Rockford Fosgate. I cant decide between the 2 or 4 ohm voice coils... Whats the difference?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #7

just the impedance 2ohm is more efficient than 4 ohm if your going with fosgate do not buy P1 get the P3's
Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Just wondering, I want to do two 10" Subwoofers and i want to go with Rockford Fosgate. I cant decide between the 2 or 4 ohm voice coils... Whats the difference?
Probably want to decide on the amp that you'll want to power those first. The amp specs will tell you what RMS power rating they will drive into what load (ohms). You'll then wire the subs together (series or parallel) to present that specific load to the amp.

As for 2 ohm being more efficient then 4 ohm, not sure where that's coming from unless your intent was that "most" amps will drive a higher RMS rating into a lower ohm load. If that's the case, that is very amp dependant, so choose your amp before you order the subs.