Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Removing steering wheel controls

Old 02-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
DirtyBrad is on a distinguished road
DirtyBrad's Tacoma Gallery
Removing steering wheel controls

Well, I've put 1,000 miles on my truck and the only time I've touched the steering wheel audio controls is accidental bumping.

I'm upgrading my head unit this month and don't think it's worth the $50+ that it seems to cost for the steering wheel control adapter. I won't miss them, but I also don't want buttons that don't connect to anything.

I assume that the trim levels that don't include steering wheel audio controls have the same wheel, but with a blank where the controls are. I'd like one, but can't seem to find any information about it.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
NOCENTS is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
NOCENTS's Tacoma Gallery
PMed
Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
cant believe you dont use the controls. I dont have the controls and im looking for a way to add the controls. Im pretty sure all trucks a pre-wired for stuff like that. I will have to open shit up to see if its all prewired. i wonder if i can just switch the steering wheel with the one with connections. What did you end up doing?