Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

at night lights dim when subs hit

Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
Setherson is on a distinguished road

Name: Seth
Setherson's Tacoma Gallery
at night lights dim when subs hit

I had two Kicker Comp 10s in my truck running off of my sony plod 1100 watt amp i don't know how old it is the previous owner had it installed before i bought it. however when I installed the 10s they did not dim the lights but I just installed two Kicker Comp 12s that are rated the same as the 10s 150RMS/300Peak and single voice 4 ohm coils. I am wondering why my lights dim now and didn't with the 10s? any help? Also the 12s don't hit near as hard any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
the amp is probly under powered for the 12's so when they try to hit a low note s
there sucking evrylast bit from the amp and sucking power from the truck...the 10's hit harder because they required less power to move and less amp draw on the amp....you should invest in a 1frad capacitor or bigger...it will store power so when u hit low notes it doesnt suck power from the amp it will suck power from the capacitor...should help with the lights diming and allow them to hit alil harder...may wanna consider upgrading the amp.....with all that said ive always prefered 10's they hit low enough for rap but when you play rock or country they keep up and are much cleaner sounding imo
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of time this is due to bad grounds.. Check out how to do the 'big 3'..

http://forums.carreview.com/showthread.php?t=678
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
the amp is probly under powered for the 12's so when they try to hit a low note s
there sucking evrylast bit from the amp and sucking power from the truck...the 10's hit harder because they required less power to move and less amp draw on the amp....you should invest in a 1frad capacitor or bigger...it will store power so when u hit low notes it doesnt suck power from the amp it will suck power from the capacitor...should help with the lights diming and allow them to hit alil harder...may wanna consider upgrading the amp.....with all that said ive always prefered 10's they hit low enough for rap but when you play rock or country they keep up and are much cleaner sounding imo
very well said
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
All kinds of fail in this thread
Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Rennadair is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Police
Name: Renn
Rennadair's Tacoma Gallery
don't have any problems with mine, but i only use mine for the double bass with rock
Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
How is the big 3 all kinds of fail? Seems like pretty good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Lots of time this is due to bad grounds.. Check out how to do the 'big 3'..

http://forums.carreview.com/showthread.php?t=678