Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

pioneer AVH 4400 How do you enable the video feature?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
pioneer AVH 4400 How do you enable the video feature?

How do you enable the video while driving? I have read to ground the wire that suppose to hook up to your parking brake. Tried that it does not work any other ideas? Either then that the deck sounds way better then the stock head unit.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Search DVD bypass here, or YouTube, you'll find an answer.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
It should work. How did you ground it?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
No a Pioneer will not work if the "light green wire" is just grounded. It needs a relay wired in, or a hack switch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGZE...e_gdata_player
Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
No a Pioneer will not work if the "light green wire" is just grounded. It needs a relay wired in, or a hack switch.
x2

I had to put a switch under the steering wheel in my Tundra for mine.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #7
1989supraturbo is on a distinguished road

Air Force: MSE Op CFB Comox
1989supraturbo's Tacoma Gallery
TR7 bypass module (NOT the british car lol)
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR7-Univer.../dp/B0002J22BO
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989supraturbo View Post
TR7 bypass module (NOT the british car lol)
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR7-Univer.../dp/B0002J22BO
why pay $20 or more when a $3 relay will do the same thing?

Also, OP (and anyone else doing this) - Stay safe, dont watch movies while driving. Eyes up, keep the rest of us safe as well!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
why pay $20 or more when a $3 relay will do the same thing?

Also, OP (and anyone else doing this) - Stay safe, dont watch movies while driving. Eyes up, keep the rest of us safe as well!
I found one in my workshop. Free 99 LOL. Just doing this mod for the kids to watch on the way home getting stuck in traffic.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
I will probably do this before i install mine, Its kind of annoying how many adapters this thing needs to run like the factory stereo. Steering wheel control adapter, JBL adapter, This relay... It ends up being over a hundred dollars just for adapters. WTF
Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
bluuge is on a distinguished road
Name: brian
bluuge's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the relay method... did it on mine
Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
shadowsecho is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
shadowsecho's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this
Old 02-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #13

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the relay works like a champ. Run down installed Pioneer AVH-4400BH head unit as for adapters Pioneer CD-IU200V I pod Interface cable, Axxess ASWC {Steering Control} PAC TATO JBL Inteface with stock amp & DD In dash Receiver kit from Crutchfield and the relay to enable video when driving. Blue tooth works great and the reverse cam is interfaced with the pioneer deck and it has both pictures on the deck and mirror using these two post for the wiring http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3777072 & http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ew-camera.html Only problem I am having is the 2 clips does not latch at the top of the dash receiver kit I think I have to move the cables and black box behind the receiver around to make it fit because it is a tight squeeze back there. Since everything was taken a part I did the mod on changing out the LED's on the steering wheel and the clock white and blue. Here is a post that I used http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...backlight.html Thinking of doing the rocker switches next changing out the LED's to white can't stand the amber light from 80's. I will post some pictures later. Thanks for everybody help. The sound with the new deck is like day and night totally awesome. Gotta hear it to believe it.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #14
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
...Only problem I am having is the 2 clips does not latch at the top of the dash receiver kit I think I have to move the cables and black box behind the receiver around to make it fit because it is a tight squeeze back there. ...
It does take some working around to get everything back there. A couple of notes, make sure that any of the male connectors plugging into the back of the unit are not too long. I found that my RCAs and the AUX connectors that I had were too long and would interfere with something back there. Other then that you just need to work the wires and boxes off to the sides and top in order to get it all the way back.

For the boxes, on my 4300 I put the steering wheel box over by the glovebox to get it out of the HU area, I put my HDRadio box up in the HVAC plumbing Y, and my relay went off to left side.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
Quote:
Installed the relay works like a champ. Run down installed Pioneer AVH-4400BH head unit as for adapters Pioneer CD-IU200V I pod Interface cable, Axxess ASWC {Steering Control} PAC TATO JBL Inteface with stock amp & DD In dash Receiver kit from Crutchfield and the relay to enable video when driving. Blue tooth works great and the reverse cam is interfaced with the pioneer deck and it has both pictures on the deck and mirror using these two post for the wiring http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3777072 & http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ew-camera.html Only problem I am having is the 2 clips does not latch at the top of the dash receiver kit I think I have to move the cables and black box behind the receiver around to make it fit because it is a tight squeeze back there. Since everything was taken a part I did the mod on changing out the LED's on the steering wheel and the clock white and blue. Here is a post that I used http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...backlight.html Thinking of doing the rocker switches next changing out the LED's to white can't stand the amber light from 80's. I will post some pictures later. Thanks for everybody help. The sound with the new deck is like day and night totally awesome. Gotta hear it to believe it.
How is the reverse cam interfaced with the backup camera?!? Which section of those two posts did that? Also does your dash kit make your aux out (factory one by the cigarette lighter) work?

I agree about the color of the stock LED's...I dont know why toyota insists on keeping that old Amber color. I'm excited about getting my 4400bh.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #16

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsecho View Post
How is the reverse cam interfaced with the backup camera?!? Which section of those two posts did that? Also does your dash kit make your aux out (factory one by the cigarette lighter) work?

I agree about the color of the stock LED's...I dont know why toyota insists on keeping that old Amber color. I'm excited about getting my 4400bh.
The first post is for the Reverse wire for +12 to connect to the violet/black wire coming off pioneer deck located on connector IN1. The second post is the wrong post my bad here is the right post to get the signal from the connector below IN1 location to the pioneer deck RCA brown input.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...elow-dash.html

As for the AUX to work with the pioneer deck from the JBL system, no it does not work. Looks like there is another harness with 5 or 6 wires that crutchfield does not give a harness for, but since the Pioneer deck comes with an USB output then I will be using that for my Ipod so don't really need that AUX input.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #17

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
It does take some working around to get everything back there. A couple of notes, make sure that any of the male connectors plugging into the back of the unit are not too long. I found that my RCAs and the AUX connectors that I had were too long and would interfere with something back there. Other then that you just need to work the wires and boxes off to the sides and top in order to get it all the way back.

For the boxes, on my 4300 I put the steering wheel box over by the glovebox to get it out of the HU area, I put my HDRadio box up in the HVAC plumbing Y, and my relay went off to left side.
I gotta try take it apart this weekend again and move the wires around and boxes.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #18
Quote:
The first post is for the Reverse wire for +12 to connect to the violet/black wire coming off pioneer deck located on connector IN1. The second post is the wrong post my bad here is the right post to get the signal from the connector below IN1 location to the pioneer deck RCA brown input.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...elow-dash.html

As for the AUX to work with the pioneer deck from the JBL system, no it does not work. Looks like there is another harness with 5 or 6 wires that crutchfield does not give a harness for, but since the Pioneer deck comes with an USB output then I will be using that for my Ipod so don't really need that AUX input.
Awesome! I think I will do both mods as well. Thanks for the links. I'm amazed by how helpful this community is.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
Quote:
I am thinking that I will probably unplug the factory mirror lcd and just use the pioneer for backing up instead of having both turn on.

How bad does having both screens plugged in degrade your backup camera quality?

Does the Pioneer 4400bh boot up fast enough to use it as a primary backup camera LCD? Basically, if you jump in your truck, crank it up and put it in reverse, would the screen have enough time to power on and show your camera feed?

Ty for all the info.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #20
Dave M is a jewel in the roughDave M is a jewel in the roughDave M is a jewel in the rough
Name: Dave
Dave M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsecho View Post
I am thinking that I will probably unplug the factory mirror lcd and just use the pioneer for backing up instead of having both turn on.

How bad does having both screens plugged in degrade your backup camera quality?

Does the Pioneer 4400bh boot up fast enough to use it as a primary backup camera LCD? Basically, if you jump in your truck, crank it up and put it in reverse, would the screen have enough time to power on and show your camera feed?

Ty for all the info.
I have both my 4400 and my mirror running my backup cam. I used the same splice method with the D-sub pins. I don't notice any degradation during the day, at night it's a little pixellated on the Pioneer, but not too bad at all.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...elow-dash.html

Products Discussed in this Thread