Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Entune Navi Questions

Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
jwmaynard is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
jwmaynard's Tacoma Gallery
Entune Navi Questions

Does anyone else have the Entune JBL Navi system on their taco?

If so do you know how to override the motion sensor that disables almost every feature while you're driving?

I understand they do this for safety but our passengers should be able to access the head unit while the vehicles in motion.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Terrin81 is on a distinguished road
Terrin81's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't found a way. They've been doing it for a while (my fiances 2008 4Runner has the same issue).

It really made me not want navigation because I was so disappointed in hers, but the entune and the updated interface made me do it - which I'm pretty happy about.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
anyone figure this out yet? I'm lost and my wife cant enter a different route, and I cant stop or we will implode.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
jwmaynard is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
jwmaynard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
anyone figure this out yet? I'm lost and my wife cant enter a different route, and I cant stop or we will implode.
My local stereo shop said there's a kit you can buy, he was going to look into the cost but he guessed it would run around 3 bills to accomplish
Old 07-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Greg
Wizzard005's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaynard View Post
Does anyone else have the Entune JBL Navi system on their taco?

If so do you know how to override the motion sensor that disables almost every feature while you're driving?

I understand they do this for safety but our passengers should be able to access the head unit while the vehicles in motion.
It can be disabled from the Toyota dealer, Mine is disabled...
Old 07-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
It can be disabled from the Toyota dealer, Mine is disabled...

What year vehicle?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
What year vehicle?
He has a 2012 Tacoma, it's in his signature.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
He also has entune....
Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
me gusta pechos firmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo02cop View Post
He has a 2012 Tacoma, it's in his signature.

Saw that after i posted. What gets me is that every toyota forum says you have to have an aftermarket hack installed. If it was as easy as having the dealer unlock it woul;dn't more people be talking about it?

Did you just go to the dealer and tell them to unlock it? how did you get it done? Would like some ammo before I call the dealer and they tell me NO.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #10
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Greg
Wizzard005's Tacoma Gallery
It's a safety issue they will not do it most people who do get t done have some kind of connection within the service center of Toyota. Same goes with disabling the seatbelt ding noise. That can be turned off. But again ye dealer has to be willing
Old 07-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #11
me gusta pechos firmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
It's a safety issue they will not do it most people who do get t done have some kind of connection within the service center of Toyota. Same goes with disabling the seatbelt ding noise. That can be turned off. But again ye dealer has to be willing

I spoke to my service rep and he explained why they can't do it for me, and i understand. Evidently, anything that allows you to enter text has to be locked out while in motion, similar to texting while driving. He did say, however, that if i spend some time with the voice commands that I should be able to accomplisg most things that way. so until somone figures out the "right" way to turn the motion thing off, I'll be talking to it. All good, just a PITA if you have a passenger that cant enter info manually.