Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Custom Subwoofer Box for 06 Double Cab

Old 12-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
talk to Mr Marv on this site, he does CUSTOM builds to suit your needs including the amp rack. While I think it may be possible to fit 3 10" subs in the DC you eould hsve to be running very small amps like the Alpine
PDX's that would fit under the seat. Keep in mind the 10" subs with a mounting depth of 6"or less is what youi need to be looking for, although the newer shollow mount subs will work in some of the larger sizes like the JL Audio 13WT5 (i think thats the correct code) and it only requires .8ft I believe so if the amps would fit under the seat you could get two in there. Two subs come to mind, Image Dynamics IDQ 10 or Sundown Audio SD1v2 fit and sound beautiful.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsaubrey View Post
talk to Mr Marv on this site, he does CUSTOM builds to suit your needs including the amp rack. While I think it may be possible to fit 3 10" subs in the DC you eould hsve to be running very small amps like the Alpine
PDX's that would fit under the seat. Keep in mind the 10" subs with a mounting depth of 6"or less is what youi need to be looking for, although the newer shollow mount subs will work in some of the larger sizes like the JL Audio 13WT5 (i think thats the correct code) and it only requires .8ft I believe so if the amps would fit under the seat you could get two in there. Two subs come to mind, Image Dynamics IDQ 10 or Sundown Audio SD1v2 fit and sound beautiful.
I second everything he has said. Marv built my box (which has two IDQ 10s) and I love it. He really does build some quality work.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Mr. Marv built mine as well. He does great work and I put in 2 IDQ 10's w/ an Alpine PDX 1.1000 running them. Looks and sounds great.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
ok cool. i'm big into car audio and like to be heard from a distance haha. thanks for your help.
If that is true I think your going to bedisappointed then. There isnt physically enough space for large woofers or large box for you to get really loud. Trust me it will get plenty loud for listening but if you are trying to set off car alarms and such the Tacoma isnt going to do it if you want the box behind the seat.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:31 AM   #8
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
They are Image Dynamics. They are more of a SQ speaker though. They get loud, but sound great!
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/...V.3%20Data.pdf
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5807

I picked up both of mine for 300.00 for the set.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #9
$300 is a smoking deal for those drivers!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I'm condoning ticking off your neighbors but a pair of IDQ10v3's with a thousand watts like Addicted has would surely do it.
BTW, I replied to your PM