Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!

View Poll Results: Which stereo do you have?
Alpine 155 15.20%
JVC 74 7.25%
Eclipse 16 1.57%
Kenwood 205 20.10%
Sony 55 5.39%
Pioneer 437 42.84%
Jensen 4 0.39%
Other. Specify in thread 74 7.25%
Voters: 1020. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #21
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery

With a little 8" sub in the back.

Running 6x9 Alpines in the front. Not a show winner by any means, but it will play music crystal clear at levels higher than are comfortable inside the truck. I'm continually amazed by that little 8" powered Sound Ordnance sub in the back.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #22
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post

Running 6x9 Alpines in the front. Not a show winner by any means, but it will play music crystal clear at levels higher than are comfortable inside the truck. I'm continually amazed by that little 8" powered Sound Ordnance sub in the back.
Sweet setup!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #23
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Sweet setup!
Thanks. Your post made me go fiddle with it more. I had some eggcrate to put below the sub and on the sub front/back. Those 8" Sound Ordnance subs fit vertically behind the rear seat almost perfectly, and with the foam it's sandwiched in there pretty well. About the best I can do without a permanent mount, which I don't want to do!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
jizzam93 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kris
jizzam93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Your HU looks awesome!! By any chance do you have any pics of the SO Sub installed in the back?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzam93 View Post
Your HU looks awesome!! By any chance do you have any pics of the SO Sub installed in the back?
Thanks. I don't, but I'll try to take some. It's not a pretty install, but it fits well.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #26
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same sub in my AC. It's just trapped with the seat base until I find a better way to do it.

x2 on the excellent sound from such a small sub, more than enough for the small interior.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #27
MikeluvstheTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MikeluvstheTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Pioneer AVHP4300DVD Headunit with avic-u220 nav and btb200 bluetooth add-on
And an Alpine 8 inch 900 watt sub powered by a RF p3001

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/sbr-s83v

It fits behind the double cab seats. I was quite happy when I found it.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
Toddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
Toddjt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Does your head unit play dvds on that screen to the right?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #29

It plays video from the iPod, but I don't use it for that - the screen is only 3". It's a media receiver; no DVD or CD slots, but it does have video-in capability if you wanted to add a DVD player or reroute your backup camera to the HU. It also has video out if you want to sent your iPod video to a headrest screen or something.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #30
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
My Pioneer AVH P4300 DVD. I love this unit!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #32
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaddy View Post
My Pioneer AVH P4300 DVD. I love this unit!

Do you use an iPod with yours? I bought the expensive CD-IU200V cable for the iPod and I found out the cable that comes with the iPod works just fine. Also, I seem to have less problems with my 5th gen iPod than my 7th gen iPod.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #33
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Steering controls work. It's got an iPod cable as well as a bluetooth connection so it will play audio without the iPhone being plugged in. I love this feature. I also have Sirius radio which I listen to 90% of the time I'm driving as you can see in the picture. Only downside to this unit is that steering controls, ipod cable, nav are extra and not included with the unit. As far as the power goes, i have no idea what it's compared to. I have 3 amps and crossovers in an access cab so its very loud regardless. One of my favorite things about this unit is the equalizer and tunability of of the sound. Lots of stuff to tweak. Love it!!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
silk12taco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Engineer
silk12taco's Tacoma Gallery
Had this, Alpine ida-x305s:

Recently installed this, Pioneer AVHP-1400(2012 model):
Old 03-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
serbousek is on a distinguished road
serbousek's Tacoma Gallery
Is anyone using a cable to watch video from there iphone? Specifically the 4s. I'm curious what to do. I have a pioneer avh-3300bt. I have seen pioneer specifica cables and another from a company called P.I.E.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #36
josef is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
josef's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silk12taco View Post
Had this, Alpine ida-x305s:

Recently installed this, Pioneer AVHP-1400(2012 model):
Nice. Love both of those Silk! Which one you like better? The Alpine of the Pioneer double-din? I'm looking at both those models right now actually..
Old 03-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #39
silk12taco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Engineer
silk12taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josef View Post
Nice. Love both of those Silk! Which one you like better? The Alpine of the Pioneer double-din? I'm looking at both those models right now actually..

I like the Pioneer better, wasn't too impressed with the Alpine. The Pioneer was cheaper than the Alpine too. The Pioneer also has more audio adjustments to tune in your speakers/ subs.

Products Discussed in this Thread