Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!

View Poll Results: Which stereo do you have?
Alpine 157 15.23%
JVC 75 7.27%
Eclipse 16 1.55%
Kenwood 208 20.17%
Sony 56 5.43%
Pioneer 441 42.77%
Jensen 4 0.39%
Other. Specify in thread 74 7.18%
Voters: 1031. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #621
volkey is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
volkey's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap they're only 100 bucks??? Awesome
Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #622
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkey View Post
holy crap they're only 100 bucks??? Awesome

I paid $129.00.

WAYYYYY worth it.

Threading the wires thru the seats were the only pain but it wasn't that bad. Took less than an hour.....probably 40 minutes total if i remember correctly, to get it all in and running.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #623
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
well dang, I was going to chime in and plug my marketplace ad in here for my headrests monitors but I guess I'm asking too much at $125 if those could be had at $107, LOL

mine are hand made though

what the hell, I'll throw it up anyway...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ort-seats.html

Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #624
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Just replaced my RE Audio 10" sub after it blew w/ an American Bass XO1044

I also blew my Rockford Fosgate 250/1 Amp so I just bought a newer model so I wouldn't have to rewire
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #625
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366131339.156153.jpg
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #626
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
great choice I'm running a 930 with the 940 firmware flashed to it; love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelivestone View Post
I just put that one in today. relatively easy. hardest part was stuffing the wires far enough back to fit the new unit in. also note that if you out it in the bottom clips on the dash kit dont secure as well as the top. but they will go it. just takes a bit of love and frustration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicTaco View Post
INE-Z928HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SilverSport View Post
Pioneer AVH X5500. Just finished the install of the whole system last night. It was a huge difference with just this unit but add an amp and speakers...WOW!!!

Which dash kits are these? I like the silver one the best but I want mine to be black.
Thanks,
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #628
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeMan View Post
X2
I have the scosche

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-TA2052...acoma+dash+kit

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-TA2053...e+din+dash+kit
Old 04-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #629
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't those the metar kits?

http://www.gizmodia.com/metra05toyot...ck99-8214.aspx

Does anyone even make a dash kit besides Metra and Scosch for the 05+ tacoma?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #631
Burnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud ofBurnsy444 has much to be proud of
Navy: Aviation Electronics Technician
Burnsy444's Tacoma Gallery
ipad Mount

Mounted this ipad with a slight mod on a clip from usacarclips.com what do ya think?
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_4064.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #632
jrookie is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
jrookie's Tacoma Gallery
Just put in JL 6.5 inch c2 components f/r with JL xd 600/6 amp, JL 8 inch micro sub, JL clean sweep and dynamat in all 4 doors plus rear of truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_0524.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_0526.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_0528.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_0530.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #633
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice Justin! I just put a sub in a few days ago and so glad I am no longer deprived of bass! my old truck had one but it wouldnt fit in the new taco...

I wish I was running full component like you too, the stock speakers are lacking but they'll work for now until I can get an amp to run an active setup

Old 04-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #634
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma414 View Post
Pioneer 4300 DVD w/ Bluetooth (for sale)

2 Kicker CVR 10s w/ custom box

Nice sub setup. Wish I would of thought of something like that earlier. How do they sound?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #635
2012SilverSport is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: NAVENG Warrant Officer
2012SilverSport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Which dash kits are these? I like the silver one the best but I want mine to be black.
Thanks,

Mine (the last one) is a metra kit. I liked the overall fit and finish of the kit and how well it blends with the interior.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #636
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SilverSport View Post
Mine (the last one) is a metra kit. I liked the overall fit and finish of the kit and how well it blends with the interior.
thanks
Old 04-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #637
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little butt hurt that Clarion got roped into the "Other" category. It seems like this is a much overlooked brand, yet they have been making reliably good head units for decades. Then again, if everybody had one, I might not like them as much because I'm just stupid like that.

My last 3 head units: Clarion
Do they all still work? Yes
Why did I replace them? I upgraded because they each lasted so long that new features and options piled up on newer models making it necessary to swap them out just to get modern functionality.

First Upgrade - Satellite Radio
Second Upgrade - DVD playback
Third Upgrade - USB/Mass Storage input and NAV

If Clarion didn't exist I would probably eyeball Pioneer next, maybe Alpine or the nicer Kenwood stuff. Nah, I'm actually holding out for Sherwood to come back lol.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #638
RickSteele is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
RickSteele's Tacoma Gallery
My Stereo Setup

Fronts- Alpine Type R components
Rears- Alpine Type R coax
Two Kicker Solo Classic 10's
Alpine PDX- F4 on the doors
Alpine MRX- M1100 on the subs
Kenwood KDC-X395
0 Gauge wiring from KnuKonceptz
4 Gauge wiring from KnuKonceptz
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_0650.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_6611.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_6535.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_0647.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_0658.jpg  

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_5238.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_6523.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-img_6522.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-photo2.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-photo.jpg  

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-photo1.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #639
caseyweed is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey Weed
caseyweed's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen this one on here yet so I'll post. This is the Parrot Asteroid Smart. It's basically an in dash android tablet. It's fully rooted and can run any app from the Android Play store.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-uploadfromtaptalk1367289539030.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #640
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Got the piece around the iPad painted black

Products Discussed in this Thread