Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!

View Poll Results: Which stereo do you have?
Alpine 156 15.25%
JVC 75 7.33%
Eclipse 16 1.56%
Kenwood 205 20.04%
Sony 55 5.38%
Pioneer 438 42.82%
Jensen 4 0.39%
Other. Specify in thread 74 7.23%
Voters: 1023. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #641
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Got the piece around the iPad painted black

Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #642
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
what that control below the shifter?
Old 05-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #643
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
what that control below the shifter?
Its the Audison bit Ten http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=42
Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #644
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
thanks any updated pics or video?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
thanks any updated pics or video?
No, those are the most recent pictures, and no new videos yet.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #646
WB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWB750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Wade
WB750's Tacoma Gallery
Had my system installed today. This is my first system and I am absolutely blown away with the sound quality. Here is what I got:

Pioneer AVH-X2500BT (w/ steering wheel control module and iPhone adaptor)
Rockford Fosgate P1692
Cerwin Vega HED65
Rockford Fosgate R600-5 Prime 5-channel Amp
Cerwin Vega HED3104 10" Sub

Pictures this weekend once I clean the truck. It's been raining all week here in NC...mud.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #647
benright is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Broghan
benright's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone has a 2012 OEM entune head unit with JBL that they wanna sell let me know.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #649
Level Awesome
InYotaWeTrust is on a distinguished road

Name: Ethan
InYotaWeTrust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timfd024 View Post
I'm looking at getting the same HU. How is it?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #650
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone tell me why my avast antivirus is telling me this thread is dangerous
Old 05-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #651
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geem750 View Post
Can anyone tell me why my avast antivirus is telling me this thread is dangerous
Most likely a linked picture as the url's can look wonky and 'fake' at times. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #652
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
just installed a new headunit with metra dash kit....it rattler when on dirt roads....how do i fix this?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #653
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
just installed a new headunit with metra dash kit....it rattler when on dirt roads....how do i fix this?
Get insolite from Rammaudio.
wrap everything in insolite. Back of dash kit, wires, everything.. Just do not block any vents on the HU, don't add any insolite to the HU at all.
Glue yellow clips to dash kit with hot glue
make sure everything is nice and tight screw wise.

I'm not a fan of metra, might want to try scoche as it seems to be a little better quality. But shouldn't matter much either way when it comes to rattles.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #654
buickv6 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
buickv6's Tacoma Gallery
I just completed installing this. I have the stock JBL system with the factory amp relocated under the rear seat. All that is visible if you look hard is the bass knob.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-075.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #655
Rhineheart is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Rhineheart's Tacoma Gallery
Hey folks,

First post, thought it best to go here since I spent few a weeks researching an aftermarket stereo system here for my first project to my Tacoma. Thanks for all the feedback that's out there.

I decided to go with a JVC Aresenal KW-ADV65BT. They're a middle of the road cost coming in at only $369. I also went with a BestKits BKTOYK972S for the deck.

I was considering the new Double DIN Pioneer but read quite a few bad reviews about the AppRadio. In all my research it seems the big brand names all have the same functionality, it's more of personal style preference and cost when it comes to choosing what you want.
The Bluetooth hands-free comes in crystal clear, I got the JVC cable for my iPhone 4 so I can control Pandora and a few other apps. One thing to note this unit only allows the use of the Motion X GPS Drive nav app. I haven't tried it, but it's got plenty of positive reviews on iTunes. I shyed away from any radios that had "full control" of a smartphone because I couldn't find a single review that said they worked well.

Pics attached, thanks for all the info an help. Looking forward to many more projects.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-aftermarket-1.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-aftermarket2.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #656
Level Awesome
InYotaWeTrust is on a distinguished road

Name: Ethan
InYotaWeTrust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhineheart View Post
I decided to go with a JVC Aresenal KW-ADV65BT.
Looks good! Nice and clean. I went with the JVC AV61BT. From what I can see they look about the same. Did you install a steering wheel interface?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #657
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyweed View Post
I haven't seen this one on here yet so I'll post. This is the Parrot Asteroid Smart. It's basically an in dash android tablet. It's fully rooted and can run any app from the Android Play store.
that is actually very cool! what's your take on it so far? I've been a Pioneer fanboy for years now since they seem to have the best audio clarity and easy of use as far as I can find, but a full Android OS would be cool to have in my dash, short of going a full car-puter route
Old 05-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #658
Oscar08 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Corpsman
Name: Bill
Oscar08's Tacoma Gallery
Installed this morning. Not the fanciest but it'll workShow off those aftermarket stereo systems!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369605863.721487.jpg
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #659
Rhineheart is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Rhineheart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYotaWeTrust View Post
Looks good! Nice and clean. I went with the JVC AV61BT. From what I can see they look about the same. Did you install a steering wheel interface?
I decided against it. I got a quote from a shop for $150 to install a SWI and I found the parts for about $100. This unit comes with a remote control so I thought to myself... do I REALLY want to spend $100 to save myself from reaching about a foot to the right to adjust the volume or station? I decided to bank that $100 towards my next upgrade project, I just haven't decided what to do yet.

Do you have yours hooked up? If so was it worth it?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #660
Nielsen23 is just really niceNielsen23 is just really niceNielsen23 is just really niceNielsen23 is just really nice

Name: Nick
Nielsen23's Tacoma Gallery
So one of my old co-workers, who has always been my go-to-guy for all of my stereo needs had been wanting a new project. Since I bought a 2011 access cab, the stock stereo was beyond terrible since there are no back seat speakers, just cheap speakers that are in the headliner. I went with Memphis M-class 6x9's in the front and Memphis M-class 5x1/4's in the rear and amped them with a Memphis M-class 50x4 so it's pushing around 200 watts.

Here's the back doors, with his drilled pattern through the rear doors, it pushes a lot of air just like a stock speaker grille.

He mounted the amp under the driver's backseat compartment and it still opens and closes flawless.
I'm using a Kenwood headunit, not the stock one. It's a night and day difference between the stock speakers and the new system.

Products Discussed in this Thread