Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!

View Poll Results: Which stereo do you have?
Alpine 157 15.23%
JVC 75 7.27%
Eclipse 16 1.55%
Kenwood 208 20.17%
Sony 56 5.43%
Pioneer 441 42.77%
Jensen 4 0.39%
Other. Specify in thread 74 7.18%
Voters: 1031. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #701
maytagworker is on a distinguished road
maytagworker's Tacoma Gallery

heres mine
Old 07-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #702
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrick1215 View Post
Ok so im about to get my Pioneer 3500BHS in the mail and i got the Scosche kit black textured, But i have seen some people that have it angled straight and others that are flush with the angle of the dash.. so..is there different styles or mounting points?
Good question. I would like to angle mine so it's easier to see in the sun.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #703
Voodoochild 2k9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: VMT-6
Name: Randy
Voodoochild 2k9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Aren't those the metar kits?
Ha ha METAR is an aviation weather report.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #704
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytagworker View Post

heres mine
Got a link for a writeup on this?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhineheart View Post
I decided against it. I got a quote from a shop for $150 to install a SWI and I found the parts for about $100. This unit comes with a remote control so I thought to myself... do I REALLY want to spend $100 to save myself from reaching about a foot to the right to adjust the volume or station? I decided to bank that $100 towards my next upgrade project, I just haven't decided what to do yet.

Do you have yours hooked up? If so was it worth it?
I just can't stand having buttons that don't work. I was super nervous installing my PAC-SWI kit cuz you have to tap into factory wires. But it worked and I got the unit pretty cheap off ebay. Next project when I get the time will be to connect the factory USB/aux port to the aftermarket HU.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB750 View Post
Glare really isn't bad at all, I have my front windows tinted so that helps a little too. And the dash kit isn't a perfect match color/texture wise, but it fits great with no rattling. I am very happy with the setup.
That's surprising...glare can get awful on mine.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #707
TheUltimateTaco is on a distinguished road
TheUltimateTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Awesome! Have a picture of it on?
What radio is that?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #708
TheUltimateTaco is on a distinguished road
TheUltimateTaco's Tacoma Gallery
New to radios for tacomas, what kind of deck do I need for a double DIN pioneer avh-x1500dvd
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #709
blitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
blitton08's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I don't know much about stereos but I found a place that will give me a new pioneer radio with installation for $329. Plus $65 for the frame around it. What do y'all think about this deal?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #710
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitton08 View Post
Hey guys I don't know much about stereos but I found a place that will give me a new pioneer radio with installation for $329. Plus $65 for the frame around it. What do y'all think about this deal?
Just swapping the headunit out is so simple. the Metra kit from crutchfield is like $29 and comes with the headunit if you buy it. the wiring harness, antenna adapter, etc. all included. They even include step-by-step instructions to walk you through it and free telephone support. seriously, just doing a headunit swap keeping stock speakers and all that jazz is E Z. I recommend you do it.

If you can change your oil you can install the headunit.

Now wiring up the rest of the car for aftermarket speakers, brackets, amplifier, sub box, etc. isnt hard, but it does require a bit more thinking, and there nos no step-by-step as each install is unique.

ALL IMHO, my $0.02
Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #711
blitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
blitton08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
Just swapping the headunit out is so simple. the Metra kit from crutchfield is like $29 and comes with the headunit if you buy it. the wiring harness, antenna adapter, etc. all included. They even include step-by-step instructions to walk you through it and free telephone support. seriously, just doing a headunit swap keeping stock speakers and all that jazz is E Z. I recommend you do it.

If you can change your oil you can install the headunit.

Now wiring up the rest of the car for aftermarket speakers, brackets, amplifier, sub box, etc. isnt hard, but it does require a bit more thinking, and there nos no step-by-step as each install is unique.

ALL IMHO, my $0.02
Thank you, i'll deffinately take what you just said into consideration!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #712
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Close up of the amps mounted on the back wall
Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #713
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Really wish I could fork out about $3000 for a nice sound system, hate listening to the stock shit rattle all the time! of you all
Old 07-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #714
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Really wish I could fork out about $3000 for a nice sound system, hate listening to the stock shit rattle all the time! of you all
That'll only buy you the amps out of my brothers truck.. lol
Old 07-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #715
McBuckets
Quote:
Originally Posted by killianeric View Post
That'll only buy you the amps out of my brothers truck.. lol
Holy bajeezus
Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #716

Quote:
Holy bajeezus
Its well worth it though! The truck sounds absolutely amazing, no matter what music you listen to
Old 07-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #717
McBuckets
Quote:
Its well worth it though! The truck sounds absolutely amazing, no matter what music you listen to
Dude $3,000 for a couple amps? I'm sorry but that just can't be worth it haha
Old 07-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #718
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Close up of the amps mounted on the back wall
Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #719

Quote:
Dude $3,000 for a couple amps? I'm sorry but that just can't be worth it haha
There is three. If you were to hear the system you would be amazed. You get what you pay for.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #720
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
im running a google nexus 7.. i have a little more on the install on my build thread but, i really need to do a write up for you guys and gals..

Products Discussed in this Thread