Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!

View Poll Results: Which stereo do you have?
Alpine 156 15.26%
JVC 74 7.24%
Eclipse 16 1.57%
Kenwood 205 20.06%
Sony 55 5.38%
Pioneer 438 42.86%
Jensen 4 0.39%
Other. Specify in thread 74 7.24%
Voters: 1022. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #741
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer AppRadio3 SPH-DA110
+ Metra wiring harness, Metra antenna adapter, Metra Axxess steering wheel control adapter, Metra mounting kit (which might I add is badass they painted it to match the OEM color with sparkles)
JL StealthBox for 2012+ Tacoma
JL C5-650x component separates w/ crossover (front)
JL C2-650 2-way (rear)
JL XD700/5 amplifier

Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #742
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Whoo! Just ordered an AVIC-X850BT and Scosche Kit...Can't wait to install it!!! Local shop wanted $1k+ for the unit and all installed... I don't think so!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #743
jlleiber has a spectacular aura aboutjlleiber has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
jlleiber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
+ Metra wiring harness, Metra antenna adapter, Metra Axxess steering wheel control adapter, Metra mounting kit (which might I add is badass they painted it to match the OEM color with sparkles)
JL C2-650 2-way (rear)
JL XD700/5 amplifier

such a great looking install - I would be all for the ar3 if only it had satellite radio capability. I'm all into the jailbroken iphones and what not, so I'm sure I could do serious damage with the AR3 haha.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #744
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TucsonMike's Tacoma Gallery
Pionner AVH-X4500BT, Hertz DSK165 component with up upgraded crossovers
Old 08-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #745
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Started an amp installation rather late tonight. Have to finish up tomorrow.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #746
Redeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jeff
Redeemed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
JL C2-650 2-way (rear)
JL XD700/5 amplifier

That is very nice. I really like this! ^^^^

Hmmmm.......
Old 09-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #747
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
That is very nice. I really like this! ^^^^

Hmmmm.......
Thanks, It would be so beautifully clean if I didnt have to take one RCA and split it to two, then the other and do the same. Thats why there is extra RCA's in the middle. Made my Front L/R in to Front & Rear L/R. Due to Pioneer AR3 only having 2 sets of preouts. Otherwise, ya I am very happy, sound is awesome, looks good.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #748
Johnnycage is on a distinguished road

Johnnycage's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very happy with my JVC KW R900BT double din unit. Really hate the cheap aftermarket dash kit. Got a scratch I need to figure out how to fix.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #749
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #751
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little picture update on the overhead a/c controls.

And little something for the access cab guys! This was also built at On the Go Audio

Old 09-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #752
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The box is getting closer to being done, again
Old 09-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #753
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
JL C2-650 2-way (rear)
JL XD700/5 amplifier

That's the stealth box? I thought they JL stealth box had 2 8" W-0's... How's it sound?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #754
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
That's the stealth box? I thought they JL stealth box had 2 8" W-0's... How's it sound?
For the 2012+ it is a different box.
If I turn the sensitivity all the way up its honestly too much for my personal taste. Its just hitting so much it overpowers everything. So I like the knob that you use with JL amps to set it remotely.

I really like it. I need to have some other audiophile people listen, the whole system can go crazy loud and still be perfectly crisp with no distortion, way beyond my normal listening preference. Also the stealth box went in so easy, and no cutting of anything needed. It's a perfect fit.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #755
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got mine fully installed and working perfectly. Alpine amp and arc audio 8" subs. Perfect setup for just a mild bass. None of that window rattling stuff. I can tell I'm getting older.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-uploadfromtaptalk1378699599922.jpg   Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-uploadfromtaptalk1378699608122.jpg  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #756
Cobalt719 will become famous soon enoughCobalt719 will become famous soon enough

Cobalt719's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
JL C2-650 2-way (rear)
JL XD700/5 amplifier
I was just looking at that same head unit. How is it? Are you using it with an iPhone or a Android?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #757
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt719 View Post
I was just looking at that same head unit. How is it? Are you using it with an iPhone or a Android?
I use it with an iPhone 5. I am happy with it. I had the Z1 (upgraded to Z2 and Z3), then later the Z140BH. I am most happy with this.

My friend has the same headunit and an HTC One android phone. It is way more buggy and definitely not as fluid. There are bugs with anything and there are a few with the iPhone5 and AR3, but it is totally usable and I love using Waze rather than the crappy mapping software that comes on all other headunits. Waze works flawlessly. Pandora is good too, so Pandora+waze and I am good to go. I dont use much more yet... Perhaps when I can jailbreak and use ARExtensions I'll use more.

I am happy for $399.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #758

Making custom tweeter pods in the a pillar with some blue LED's

Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #759
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by killianeric View Post
Making custom tweeter pods in the a pillar with some blue LED's
Nice! What did you cover the pillar with? Looks smooth and a nice match in the pic.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Taco View Post
Nice! What did you cover the pillar with? Looks smooth and a nice match in the pic.
Thanks, and I don't know off the top of my head. I'll get back to you on what it is exactly

Products Discussed in this Thread