Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!

View Poll Results: Which stereo do you have?
Alpine 157 15.23%
JVC 75 7.27%
Eclipse 16 1.55%
Kenwood 208 20.17%
Sony 56 5.43%
Pioneer 441 42.77%
Jensen 4 0.39%
Other. Specify in thread 74 7.18%
Voters: 1031. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #821
ike3000 will become famous soon enoughike3000 will become famous soon enough
ike3000's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info. i'll probably go a suede route similar to you since vinyl can be a little hard to fit contours.

november and december are going to be busy months for me so i don't think i can start this project until next year.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #822
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBiker831 View Post
I predict some a pillar fab in your near future...
Like this?
Old 10-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #823
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Amp (Rockford Fosgate) Front:

Amp (Rockford Fosgate) Rear:

Subwoofer (Diamond 12"):

Head Unit (Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS):

Old 10-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #824
Sciomar is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Justin
Sciomar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post

Head Unit (Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS):
How do you like the head unit? I'm stuck between it and the new app radio.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #825
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciomar View Post
How do you like the head unit? I'm stuck between it and the new app radio.
Probably would have went with the AVH-X8500BHS looking back on it since with the advanced app cable I guess (according to a lot of reviews) this one is just retarded where as the AVH-X8500BHS looks exactly like your phone on the head unit when it's plugged in

...we'll see I still want to see what this AVH-X5500BHS looks like with the advanced app cord plugged in and all before I buy it, since it is like.. $100

Other than the advanced app cord dilemma, ITS AWESOME. Very easy to use & looks badass
Old 10-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #826
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you have an iphone 5, there is a huge investment in cables. Need 3.

Love the unit, but there are times the sun can wash out the screen.

Also I wired the dash light connection with a switch. If I turned on my lights for weather, or a funeral, the display went way too dark. I may work out a light sensor to auto adjust, but I think it should have been incorporated.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Taco View Post
If you have an iphone 5, there is a huge investment in cables. Need 3.

Love the unit, but there are times the sun can wash out the screen.

Also I wired the dash light connection with a switch. If I turned on my lights for weather, or a funeral, the display went way too dark. I may work out a light sensor to auto adjust, but I think it should have been incorporated.
Do you have an iPhone 5? I'm curious to how it looks/the functionality of it...
Old 10-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #828
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do you have an iPhone 5? I'm curious to how it looks/the functionality of it...
I do, but haven't splurged on the cables yet. Got other Taco items to buy. It is one of my regular searches though. Ill post when I have it going.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #829
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
The set up in my double cab. The factory storage cubbies are gutted to create the room behind them that I needed. This was done 6 years ago just recently re carpeted the truck and shot a fresh photo. This photo was taken before the new rear buckets were installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-image.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #830
Evenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvenflow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
Evenflow's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what it looks like with the new rear buckets installed, seat belts not finished in this pic. It looked and fit great with the OE bench seat but now I am thinking of re doing the whole thing and fab- ing a rear center console that blends into the back wall. Or leaving it open between the rear buckets as is and just making a cover panel for the portion visible between the buckets.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off those aftermarket stereo systems!-image.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #831

Quote:
I do, but haven't splurged on the cables yet. Got other Taco items to buy. It is one of my regular searches though. Ill post when I have it going.
Do you know where to find an example of what it looks like? (links). Tried searching but came up with nothing
Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #832
Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass Bass
killianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shedkillianeric is one of the sharper tools in the shed

killianeric's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
Here is what it looks like with the new rear buckets installed, seat belts not finished in this pic. It looked and fit great with the OE bench seat but now I am thinking of re doing the whole thing and fab- ing a rear center console that blends into the back wall. Or leaving it open between the rear buckets as is and just making a cover panel for the portion visible between the buckets.
Something like this? But not as extreme
Old 10-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #833

Quote:
Do you know where to find an example of what it looks like? (links). Tried searching but came up with nothing
Did you download the apps?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #834

Quote:
Did you download the apps?
Download what apps?

As far as I know you just get those 3 cords, plug em in to the back of the head unit and it should show what's on your phone, on the head unit screen... amirite?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #835
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the app radio 2 and I just got the iphone 5 cable today gonna install it maybe tomorrow sometime.
Hope to see it all working perfect, and have the screen working rather than just audio and no video
Any one have experience with it yet?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
I have the app radio 2 and I just got the iphone 5 cable today gonna install it maybe tomorrow sometime.
Hope to see it all working perfect, and have the screen working rather than just audio and no video
Any one have experience with it yet?
When you get it up and running post here & let us know how it goes!!
If possibly take a (short) video and post as well or paste the link to your photobucket account/wherever it is... MUCH APPRECIATED!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #837

Old 10-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #838
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post

How do you get to your rear storage under the rear seats?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #839

Seat ejection button on Dash, left of emergency chutes lever.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #840

Quote:
Download what apps?

As far as I know you just get those 3 cords, plug em in to the back of the head unit and it should show what's on your phone, on the head unit screen... amirite?
Yeah, I'm speechless right now. There was an app called "app radio" which I have installed which I thought you were supposed to use. It had a note that Pandora was a problem and was waiting on an update. There were bad reviews lately though because it was broken on IOS 7. Apparently Pioneer has taken the app down now because I don't see it. Here are some screen shots, bet they send up a new one before long.

Products Discussed in this Thread