1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AFTERMARKET HU QUESTION AFTER INSTALL

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jspetrovitsis, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Mar 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    jspetrovitsis

jspetrovitsis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
    Toytec/Eibach front coils, Bilsteins on all four, 2 '' AAL, Light Racing UCA, K&N CAI, Weathertecs front and back, Wet Okoles, Alpine INA W900BT in dash navigation, LED cab lights
    I just installed a Alpine w900 BT in my 2011 Tacoma and am having a few problems after install. The main issue that I am having is that my factory subwoofer is not working after the install. It has full power and i can feel slight vibrations when I put my head up to it. Does anyone have experience with this???

[​IMG]

2. Mar 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    jspetrovitsis

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
    Toytec/Eibach front coils, Bilsteins on all four, 2 '' AAL, Light Racing UCA, K&N CAI, Weathertecs front and back, Wet Okoles, Alpine INA W900BT in dash navigation, LED cab lights
    bump, anyone???

3. Mar 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    jspetrovitsis

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
  4. Mar 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack
  5. Mar 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    jspetrovitsis

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
    I didn't have the JBL stock deck in my truck, it said on the back it was the panasonic so i didn't need to get that interface. The only way i can get it to work is if I put all of the audio towards the rear and it starts to work.

6. Mar 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    TurboGT

TurboGT Stirring the pot since...

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno DC LB 4x4
    None yet, starting over!! OME lift w/ Dakars & 885's Remote Start w/ window control
    sounds to me like your wiring is messed up... but if you had a factory sub, you would have had to have a JBL system, to which Ronn is right in needing a special wire harness to integrate the aftermarket deck to make it work (appropriately).

Pics would go a very long way here.... pics of the "factory sub", pics of the harness behind the radio, etc...

7. Mar 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    jspetrovitsis

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
    I had it installed professionally but he ran out of time the day it was installed. wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this problem so i can lead him in the right direction. I know the stock deck is a Panasonic but does that make sense that there is a factory sub woofer running off that?

8. Mar 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    Doesn't sound professional :rolleyes:

If you paid money get it back or have them figure it out on their own. I don't go to a professional expecting them to ask me how to do what I am paying them to do.

:evil:

9. Mar 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    jspetrovitsis

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
    I know that my head unit was not the JBL model, i called toyota to make sure. The Metra TYTO-01 sounds like what i need though. What year is your truck? I cant find any info on this anywhere

10. Mar 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack
    I have the non JBL system in my 2007. The wiring in your truck is still JBL if you still have a factory sub. As mentioned above pics would go a long way of how everything is hooked up. I agree that it sounds like a wiring problem for sure. If it was hooked up correctly the sub should play all the time, not just when you fade it to the rear.

EDIT

Did a quick search for Metra TYTO-01

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/201235-different-harnesses-where-buy.html

There is a lot of info on this site have a look around, by the way there is also an adapter to keep your steering wheel controls functional if you're interested in that aswell. I would be a little nervous if an installer was asking me for help.

Products Discussed in

To Top