1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear speaker removal 01 xtracab?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BrianPK, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Jul 15, 2007 at 2:38 AM
    BrianPK

BrianPK [OP] Offroad Enthusiast

Member:
    Modesto, California
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD 4WD V6 SR5
    CB Radio, 3'' fabtec spacer lift and 3'' body lift flowmaster dual exhaust, deckplate mod, silencer mod, Work in progress pioneer 7900bt stereo with 5X8 infinity speakers all around, and eclipse ex400 amp
    i'm upgrading audio in my rig, but need to know how to get at the speakers in the back... in my old 96 xtracab, there were covers you can just pop off... i tried that a little bit in this one, but stopped cuz i was damaging the plastic. do i have to remove the entire interior panel for them, or am i going about this all wrong?

2. Jul 15, 2007 at 7:46 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Please wait for other members to confirm this as it was quite some time ago that I did this and it is purely from memory that I am re-counting this with no truck in front of me to check, but I belive that the grills are a molded part of the rear panel, and so yes, do require the removal of the entire thing.

If memory serves though not as daunting as is sounds. Remove door sill screws, and then with your fingers gently pry from the bottom up SLOWLY along the edge of the door to gain access to the speakers. Depending on the stock audio option that the truck had they should either be 6 1/2 round or 5x7.

Again this is all from memory, but I changed the speakers on a friend's 98 and on my 04. The only thing I can't remember is if there are any hidden screws in the panel so again please wait for someone else to confirm my memory on this.

Products Discussed in

To Top