1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Metra Dash Kit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ToyComa92, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mar 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    For some reason my metra dash kit doesn't want to fit right into my dash, I tried using the four white tabs that came with it and those didn't work, So i took off the four tabs on my factory HU and those worked better but the top still doesn't fit right, Im pretty sure i assembled it correctly? I dont know whats going on with it.

Also the smaller 20 pin connection from the factory wiring harness, i have nothing to plug into that? Its three wires into a 20 pin, Im assuming i have to splice into it for Mute, Reverse and wired remote input? Or is that where the steering wheel interface adapter would come in? I left that out because im pretty sure i cant do it myself.

2. Mar 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack
    I had to take a utility knife and shave the inside of the tabs down a little so the clips would go onto tabs a little more. IIRC they should click into place. That was my problem, hope this helps you.

3. Mar 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    Sprink669

Sprink669 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am going to have to try this. My dash kit has never fit correctly.

4. Mar 20, 2012 at 7:36 AM
    Ronn

Ronn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    Westin bullbar, KC slimlites, Mini D2S headlight retrofit, 5100 front @ 1.75 and 5100 rear, Wheelers HD leaf pack
    Just remember to do it a little at a time, if you take too much material off the tab on the dash kit, it will be loose and rattle.

Products Discussed in

To Top