LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Which one: BT35-Toy or PA15-Toy

Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Which one: BT35-Toy or PA15-Toy

Mods: feel free to delete my other thread "Need Solution...."

It looks like the best options for what I want are either of these two. Which would you suggest?

How easy is it to install - just plug in and go? I understand the need to run the cables with the PA15-Toy, and I really like the way Whippersnapper installed his into the center box. I have no issues taking things apart. Just don't want to have to splice cable.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a pa15-toy in my 1st gen. Super easy plug n play. Took 15-20 mins? Got it from a buddy for free not sure what the other option adds or does differently. Didn't look it up. I can tell you the pa15-toy charges your iPad or iPhone when connected and also adds another RCA input for another source. Disk changer, Sat radio, DVD player, ps3? Lol whatever you want I guess.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the info fromt the USA Spec site:
BT35-Toy allows streaming your favorite music apps (such as Pandora, SiriusXM Radio, iHeartRadio, etc.) from your Bluetooth* device but also taking phone calls all through your vehicle’s sound system.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
After I posted I went and checked it out. Seems cool adds Bluetooth functionality so you can take calls. It looks plug n play also so it just comes down to how much you wanna spend lol
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #5

jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
on Amazon, they're only a few dollar or so difference:
PA15 - $122 to $124
BT35 - $129 to $149
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have the PA15-Toy and its and easy plug-n-play. Can't go wrong.... It's been in my truck for 5 years now.

The BT sounds interesting especially if you have a need for all that (which, I do not at this time).

Just a little FYI - The newer ipod adapter units may not work with older ipods/iphones.
My 5-year old PA15-Toy will not work with my 1 year old iphone. It won't even recognize that it was plugged in.....This could be a hardware connection issue or a programming issue - I'm really not sure.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
TheSloth has a spectacular aura aboutTheSloth has a spectacular aura about
Name: David
TheSloth's Tacoma Gallery
BT-35

Looking to buy and install a BT-35. Anyone installed one themselves? If so, where did you locate the device and mic when installing? Thanks