1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5X7's to 6.5's?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BrianPK, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Jul 17, 2007 at 3:06 AM
    BrianPK

BrianPK [OP] Offroad Enthusiast

Member:
    Modesto, California
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD 4WD V6 SR5
    CB Radio, 3'' fabtec spacer lift and 3'' body lift flowmaster dual exhaust, deckplate mod, silencer mod, Work in progress pioneer 7900bt stereo with 5X8 infinity speakers all around, and eclipse ex400 amp
    someone mentioned in my last post something about different trucks comming with different speaker sizes "depending on the audio package your truck came with"

i put a pioneer deck (7900bt) in, and some infinity "reference" 5X7's in my rig.. they don't sound as good as my last setup (older pioneer deck, and some rockford phosgate punches (6.5's)

is there a way to convert my 01's speaker setup from 5X7 to 6.5?

probably need new door and extracab panels... what else?

or if you think i should keep what i have, are there better 5X7's? maybe an amp?

totally open to suggestions here!

thanx

2. Jul 17, 2007 at 5:22 AM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I am not the worlds greatest audiophile here... I have never done the whole amp and sub and crossover kind of thing, I do however believe that stock speakers sound like crap. Heck my other car is a 93 honda accord that came with the thousand dollar (then) Bose radio and speaker system. Well, for it's day the head unit was ok, but a tape deck, but the speakers that they charged a l fortune for were still nothing but single coil with paper cones.

Long story shot, in every vehicle I have ever owned (not counting the curent Tacoma, just have not gotten to it yet) I have used Pioneer 3 way kevlar cone speakers. Usually TS-A series speakers, but that's just my opinion.

Check this page. Pioneer says that their redesigned 6x8's fit 5x7 openings, so that's why you won't see 5x7 listed there anymorehttp://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/subcategory/album/0,,2076_310069902,00.html

Hope I helped,

3. Jul 17, 2007 at 5:29 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Those are excellent speakers. My wife put some in her 2001 Honda Accord Coupe before it became mine. They even made her stock deck sound excellent (then she put in a Pioneer deck). :devil:

I think my wife has excellent taste in cars and electronics. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top