Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Installing 2012 stock radio in a pre-2012

Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #201
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
Name: David
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Rod did you get the USB to work on the 2013 touchscreen?
I only ask cuz I didn't see an update. It looks like your picture here could be labeled incorrectly. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post6019233
Are you sure that unit has satellite? I believe that port is the USB port. I think the adapter that goes with it is this part PT546-00120-US I found it here. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/11...130-radio.html
I don't mean to question but from what I have seen all the satellite ports are a blue connector and slightly dif. I am going to go to the dealer and see if I can pick up the part plus I want to see what is on the other side for a connector. Hopefully something to connect to 86190-0C020
Just a thought
Old 07-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #202
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered that same part like 5 weeks ago an nothing.
I did label it wrong. It was a quick labeling months ago without any short of diagram showin me what it was. I too think the gray plug is the usb
Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #204
apoteker is on a distinguished road
apoteker's Tacoma Gallery
save your money and time-
i found this on ebay- awaiting delivery to confirm it works but looks like it should
Axxess AX-TOYUSB (axtoyusb) Select Toyota & Lexus OEM USB Retention Adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190850462942...84.m1439.l2649
Old 07-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #205
UrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant futureUrPebkac has a brilliant future
UrPebkac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoteker View Post
i found this on ebay- awaiting delivery to confirm it works but looks like it should

Wow good find!!!! Let me know how it works. I am curious if it will charge an iPhone/iPad stock as is out of the new radio.
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #206
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's the one I ordered...but since it's coming from hk, it's taking a while
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #207
ca joe is on a distinguished road
ca joe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble9012 View Post
Those pins were a tight fit but they worked!!

Only connections left are ignition power (works fine without it hooked up), FM/AM, GPS, and SAT antennas, and speed signal for the amplifier. Also need to get a different radio surround. Dealer accidentally ordered the one for a 2wd. The climate controls fit fine in the new surround. The radio surround is swappable between the old and new styles. The radio came with an entune account so all that works. Love having pandora, Bluetooth iPod, and iheartradio available on the touchscreen.

Do you have a part number for that surround? Doing a FJ twin stick transfer case and an entune/nav radio in my 08 so the surround you got without the 4x4 switch would be perfect for me.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #208
apoteker is on a distinguished road
apoteker's Tacoma Gallery
so i will toss this out here before listing in the for sale forum-
i have a few extra jbl speakers (6x9, 6.5) and i am looking to sell a few sets for a low price- if anyone is interested let me know what it would be worth to you

i was thinking $10 for each speaker?

msg me if interested
Old 07-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #209
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery

HELP!!!

I need a part number for the wiring harness that goes from the USB plug to a 2013 non-e tune touch screen radio. I got the plug today but need the wiring.
Here the plug with part #

THANKS!!!

David
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #210
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^They don't sell it by itself...it's all one big harness from what I've been told...
If you look up a couple posts you can see we just ordered a part to see if it works
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #211
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
^^^^They don't sell it by itself...it's all one big harness from what I've been told...
If you look up a couple posts you can see we just ordered a part to see if it works
Cool thanks, ill be paying attention!!

I have this will be here tomorrow, is this the same thing y'all ordered?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...%5BIgnore%5D=1
Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #212
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
Cool thanks, ill be paying attention!!

I have this will be here tomorrow, is this the same thing y'all ordered?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...%5BIgnore%5D=1
No that's the opposite from what I ordered...need a male plug that goes to the radio and a female end on for the USB

In the pic is shows the opposite, male to radio female to usb
Old 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
No that's the opposite from what I ordered...need a male plug that goes to the radio and a female end on for the USB

In the pic is shows the opposite, male to radio female to usb
I ordered the other one as well. Hopefully figure something out.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #214
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ordered the other one as well. Hopefully figure something out.
gotcha...mines taking forever...everytime i order something for this radio it takes a while. not sure what it is
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #215

Mine didnt work...hopefully the eBay one will!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #216
CAD41985 is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
CAD41985's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know a place to get wiring schematics/diagrams? I am currently installing a 2013 non-entune into my 2012. I have all the plugs and connectors I need, I just need to figure out what wire goes in what position. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD41985 View Post
Does anyone know a place to get wiring schematics/diagrams? I am currently installing a 2013 non-entune into my 2012. I have all the plugs and connectors I need, I just need to figure out what wire goes in what position. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Where you get the AUX plugs?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #218
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD41985 View Post
google "toyota tis" then pay to check all the schematics you want...$15 for 2 days
Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #219
blktaco58 is on a distinguished road
blktaco58's Tacoma Gallery
For the r15 wire harness I ordered the adapter kit which takes our plugs and the Bluetooth mic plug and converts it into the 28 pin harness for the stereo! So basically it's plug and play for the Bluetooth phone calling!

U need the mic and harness:
Pt546-74120-mc
Pt546-00120-ch

Total cost was around 85
Bucks!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #220
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPebkac View Post
Wow good find!!!! Let me know how it works. I am curious if it will charge an iPhone/iPad stock as is out of the new radio.
Thanks for the info.
Quote:

Mine didnt work...hopefully the eBay one will!!!
Ok so that plug from the link above came in today...plugged into the radio and I ran power to the radio from my work bench because I don't have it installed in my truck at the moment...
So I plugged my iPhone in and it started charging my phone and on the screen if showed the song playing. Now tomorrow ill install it into my truck and confirm that music plays thru the speakers