Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Installing 2012 stock radio in a pre-2012

Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #261
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarion55 View Post
And does the HU automatically list it as a "source"? Which existing plug does it replace (all 7 connectors are populated on mine).
whatchu talking about willis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca joe View Post
Anyone have a spare harness that connects the Harman Nav unit to the head unit? The unit that I bought from TW member Nat2012 was missing this and he has stopped returning my messages after telling me he would send me one. This was after having to file a PP claim against him to get him to ship the radio to me weeks after I paid him.
i dont...not sure if anyone else does

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsee View Post
Since everyone in this thread seems to be pretty smart when it comes to tacoma radios, can someone maybe point me in the right direction when it comes to unlocking all the features of the nav system in a 2013 jbl audio while driving. Or give me some dumb down instructions I can be slow sometimes.
not sure...sorry
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #262
galveznano is on a distinguished road
Name: Leo
galveznano's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
whatchu talking about willis?

i dont...not sure if anyone else does

not sure...sorry
hi jerez I know I asked you before but I was wondering if you had a pin diagram for the touchscreen non jbl non nav headunit, I got the r15 connector from the dealer finally but I need to know what cable goes where, I have a 2012 Tacoma with steering wheel controls, the headunit came off a 2013 with steering controls also, 714 720 9516 thanks
leo
Old 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #263
SKelly is on a distinguished road
Name: Shawn
SKelly's Tacoma Gallery
NON JBL Unit

Hello All

My first post here, I have gone through the whole thread and when it started to get into the JBL units I got a bit lost. So a quick question:

I have a non-JBL 2010
I want to put in a non-JBL 2013 unit that has the touchscreen

Aside from some mods to cut back on gaps, will everything else work (plug n play)
Is there anything I need for the bluetooth to work?
Does anyone know if the non-JBL unit has navigation?

Thanks all!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #264
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKelly View Post
Hello All

My first post here, I have gone through the whole thread and when it started to get into the JBL units I got a bit lost. So a quick question:

I have a non-JBL 2010
I want to put in a non-JBL 2013 unit that has the touchscreen

Aside from some mods to cut back on gaps, will everything else work (plug n play)
Is there anything I need for the bluetooth to work?
Does anyone know if the non-JBL unit has navigation?

Thanks all!
its plug and play when it comes to connecting the speakers power ext. but the steering wheel controls, blue tooth module will need to be rewired.
and no it does not have nav
Old 09-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #265
SKelly is on a distinguished road
Name: Shawn
SKelly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its plug and play when it comes to connecting the speakers power ext. but the steering wheel controls, blue tooth module will need to be rewired.
and no it does not have nav
Thanks - That was quick!
I have never wired a stereo before, is this something that a novice could do? I will go back through the thread are there directions already in here that I missed that did not include the JBL wiring info?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKelly View Post
Thanks - That was quick!
I have never wired a stereo before, is this something that a novice could do? I will go back through the thread are there directions already in here that I missed that did not include the JBL wiring info?
You will need an oem harness to conect the usb and the hands free calling part number PT546-00120-CH from a scion, all will be plug and play, i just recieved mine from amazon for 60 bucks and yes it works perfect
Old 10-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #267
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
so i got a new radio

2014 Tacoma entune non jbl navi unit

the new 14s have 4 levels of radios...this is the one right before the newer revised jbl entune unit

pretty cool still messing with it
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #268
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #269
Quote:
so i got a new radio

2014 Tacoma entune non jbl navi unit

the new 14s have 4 levels of radios...this is the one right before the newer revised jbl entune unit

pretty cool still messing with it
You just never quit jerez, looks bitchin btw
Old 10-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #270
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaman29 View Post
Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by galveznano View Post
You just never quit jerez, looks bitchin btw
never...no i always wanted navi and this was the perfect oem looking radio i can get
Old 10-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #271
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
never...no i always wanted navi and this was the perfect oem looking radio i can get
Nice
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #272
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, been watching this thread for a while, but without one in my hands quickly got lost. I have a 2010 SR5 Prerunner, and want to get a touchscreen (Non nav) Which year/model radio will fit with the least hassle, and $$ that a first timer can do?

Sorry for the noob questions.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #273
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
Ok, been watching this thread for a while, but without one in my hands quickly got lost. I have a 2010 SR5 Prerunner, and want to get a touchscreen (Non nav) Which year/model radio will fit with the least hassle, and $$ that a first timer can do?

I am with ya. I have a 2011 TRD PreRunner with the JBL Amp/Subwoofer and would like to know the same thing you want to know. I would like it to still be able to control the JBL Amp/Subwoofer though....
Old 10-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #274
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post

A 2013 non entune unit would be what your looking for sir...
Plugs in, you would just need to buy the adapter for the radio antenna and adaptor for USB plug in...then need to rewire stuff if you have Bluetooth or steering controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
I am with ya. I have a 2011 TRD PreRunner with the JBL Amp/Subwoofer and would like to know the same thing you want to know. I would like it to still be able to control the JBL Amp/Subwoofer though....
This is different, a bit more complex...check dibble9012s thread
He did a jbl entune unit in his pre12 jbl truck
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...12-tacoma.html
Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #275
bigkaks67 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kaks
bigkaks67's Tacoma Gallery
Just Bought theses 2 connectors from Toyota for my 2013 Touch screen install into a 2012. Plugged right in and now I have my Steering controls, Bluetooth mic and my antenna to listen to the radio. Just need to find a USB and Video connectors so I can see my reverse camera and maybe watch videos.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #276
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
^^ If I may ask. How much was it?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #277
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
^^ If I may ask. How much was it?
$100 for both
$70 for the 28 pin and $30 for antenna adapter
Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #278
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Dang that much. Damn Servco haha.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #279
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Dang that much. Damn Servco haha.
Yeah it was pretty pricey but didn't want to wait for shipping. I know there's some sites with them for a little bit cheaper. If you just search the part number there's a lot out there
Old 11-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #280
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkaks67 View Post
Just Bought theses 2 connectors from Toyota for my 2013 Touch screen install into a 2012. Plugged right in and now I have my Steering controls, Bluetooth mic and my antenna to listen to the radio. Just need to find a USB and Video connectors so I can see my reverse camera and maybe watch videos.

Here is the cable to have your camera show up on the radio instead of the mirror

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Toyota-...item2583c7e9f0