Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

distribution block

Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Blaise22 has a spectacular aura aboutBlaise22 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Blaise
Blaise22's Tacoma Gallery
distribution block

I have 4 gauge power/ground wire running to my sub right now can I use a distribution block to split the power and ground wires into 2, 8 gauge wires? and can I use 8 gauge "power wire" as my ground wire.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, yes, and yes but why? Do you have 2 amps?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Awsome thank you. Yes one for my sub and one for my new speakers.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Now understand that power and ground wires do not need to be in the same distribution block they each go to their respective places.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
I know im getting two distribution blocks, one for power and one for ground. I think thats what your talking about?
Old 04-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise22 View Post
I know im getting two distribution blocks, one for power and one for ground. I think thats what your talking about?
I thought you were trying to put a power and ground wire on a single distribution block. You want each amp to have its own ground with a metal to metal contact.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Oh gotcha so I can split the one power wire into two seperate power wires with a distribution block. But I need a seperate ground from each amp. Can I ground them both in the same place.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Now understand that power and ground wires do not need to be in the same distribution block they each go to their respective places.
Depends on the distro block. My + and - wires both go to the same block

And OP - yes, you can use a non-fused distro block for grounds, or simply ground them to the chassis. The same location is best, but not mandatory if a good ground connection is made.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
right on thank you, just got all my wiring and my amp ordered. I just need to figure out what size mounting brackets I need from tacotunes, can somebody help me out? I dont want to start a third thread.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #10
nevermind I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERTZ-HI-ENE...aaea84&vxp=mtr

I tell tacotunes 41mm mounting diameter and 15mm mounting depth for the tweeter right?