Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Need Help Removing steering wheel controls!

Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
RjTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Rj
RjTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help Removing steering wheel controls!

Okay guys i have been looking and haven't seen anything on this. I am getting a new HU for my baby and i really dont use the steering wheel controls. And i just dont want buttons on my steering wheel that have no use, and really dont want to spend another 50 bucks for the adapter when im not going to use them anyway. Is there any way to disconnect them and remove the controls? All the threads i find are people adding them in not removing them. Any help would be great.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjTaco View Post
Okay guys i have been looking and haven't seen anything on this. I am getting a new HU for my baby and i really dont use the steering wheel controls. And i just dont want buttons on my steering wheel that have no use, and really dont want to spend another 50 bucks for the adapter when im not going to use them anyway. Is there any way to disconnect them and remove the controls? All the threads i find are people adding them in not removing them. Any help would be great.
You need the non-radio control airbag cover or just swap with someone without like me lol. Ive been looking for a radio control steering wheel cause my 06 is pre-wired.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
^^ this.

if you want to ditch the controls, swap with a non-audio cover. Or else there will be big nasty gaps where switches should be
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
RjTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any ideas where I can find those covers at?
Old 05-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
RjTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjTaco View Post
Any ideas where I can find those covers at?
I finally located a steering wheel and will be doing the swap in the next week or 2. I will sell you my non-steering wheel cover when i remove it if you are still interested.