1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

auxiliary output ?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by atltaco, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Dec 23, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    atltaco

atltaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Sr5
    Tacoma seat covers, chrome rails
    Does anyone know if there is an auxiliary port on the back of the head unit? I'm just trying to hook up my iphone to the unit in the simplest way possible.

2. Dec 23, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    don't know if it's the simplest way, but you could go with a Peripheral Electronics Ipod2Car -- charges your ipod, plugs into the back of your radio, and allows you to use your steering wheel controls.

3. Dec 24, 2008 at 8:06 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I don't remember the kit (I'll try to find it) but it essentially turned the second CD changer port (not in use) into Left/Right RCA connectors. A simple RCA to miniplug wire and I was set to go. Didn't lose any of the In-Dash CD changer capabilities, but everything is controlled on the iPod/iPhone. It's really just a simple aux-input. I think it was $80.

I'll try to find it...

4. Dec 24, 2008 at 8:26 AM
    vtragweed

vtragweed Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    try crutchfield.com im sure they will have something to hook ya up with

5. Dec 24, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    I have been wanting to do this to my 06 as well. The dealer I go to (not the best) says I can with the right kit, but... It's the same price as just getting a new deck that comes with an external AUX port. Im going to go that way rather than buy a kit and try to hook it up just to find out that the dealer was wrong again.:laser::spy:

6. Dec 24, 2008 at 9:45 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Read through some of the older posts on the Metra adapter. This has been discussed to death.

7. Dec 24, 2008 at 10:03 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat

Products Discussed in

To Top