Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Subwoofer question

Old 05-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
nick772 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nick772's Tacoma Gallery
Subwoofer question

I just got a 2012 Tacoma a month or two ago and i haven't done anything to it yet..
i was thinking about getting a sub but i ran into a problem..
where to fit it.. i have a full cab and i don't really wanna lose any of my cab space.. seats etc. So to cut to the point, where are you guys fitting these things (if anyone is doing it) other than using Shallow mount subs or using your seats?

Thanks

EDIT: i just realized this might be in the wrong section.. sorry in advance if it is
Old 05-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Behind the rear seats, under the rear seats, under the drives seats, in the bed of the truck, depends on how far you want to go with it.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
nick772 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nick772's Tacoma Gallery
well i know on my truck and im sure in almost every 2nd gen they have all those storage cabinets.. are you guys just making boxes based on the demensions of the storage spaces?
or are you cutting them out?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick772 View Post
well i know on my truck and im sure in almost every 2nd gen they have all those storage cabinets.. are you guys just making boxes based on the demensions of the storage spaces?
or are you cutting them out?
How much are you looking to spend? For around $700 you can get the JL Stealth box which will satisfy 99% of the people looking to put subs in their trucks, plus 2-300 for a good amp to push them.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1369431...tealthbox.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KAC8...KAC-8105D.html

And to answer your question most will simply remove the storage bin's but some go a step further by installing the stealth boxes then cutting the bins to fit the sub box to make a cleaner instal.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
check out my build op, theyre shallow mounts but you dont exactly have many options otherwise if ur trying to go stealth
Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
WarEagle35055 is on a distinguished road
WarEagle35055's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you want to do a full blown sub install get a kicker hideaway I just gambled on one and installed it and I'm am totally shocked at how much bass that little thing puts out. Great thing about it it fits in the driver side rear storage box and I'm planning on making a shelf so the compartment it still usable.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
WIZKID is on a distinguished road
WIZKID's Tacoma Gallery
Check out my setup. One of the hardest hitting systems I've heard and you don't lose any cab space.

For sale too. PM me.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-amp-more.html
Old 05-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle35055 View Post
Unless you want to do a full blown sub install get a kicker hideaway I just gambled on one and installed it and I'm am totally shocked at how much bass that little thing puts out. Great thing about it it fits in the driver side rear storage box and I'm planning on making a shelf so the compartment it still usable.
Do you think one of these would fit under one or both front seats? I have an AC so I don't have all the glorious places for subs that you DC guys have.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
I can stop a bullet.......Once
jstrait24 will become famous soon enoughjstrait24 will become famous soon enough

Navy: STS2 (ss)
Name: Josh
jstrait24's Tacoma Gallery
Taco tunes makes boxes with or with out subs in them i dont know how they sound because i havent heard them in person but they fit the dimensions of the all the storage cabinets behind the rear seats. I dont like the shallow mount of the space available behind the seats so im making my own to sit over the middle seat and provide an armrest for the people in the back seat

www.tacotunes.com