1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Tacoma stereo upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BamanMS, May 23, 2012.

1. May 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    BamanMS

BamanMS [OP] Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Running bars, vent visors, rolling lock bed cover, aftermarket wheels
    How's it going y'all? I'm new to the board and I have some questions. I'm looking to change the factory stereo in my '07 Tacoma out for a newer factory stereo that ready for bluetooth and XM radio. My questions are as follows:
    1.) I want to add an auxilary port. Where can I find a port and what is the part number for that? Also, do any y'all have any recomendations on where to locate the port without upgrading the lower dash panel?

2.) I want to use the bluetooth function, primarily to link up to my iPod. Will the Blu-Logic unit work for this purpose.

3.) Finally, I'd like to do this myself if possible. How difficult would all of this be for someone with little or no experience with such things?

2. May 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    Rock Coppus

Rock Coppus Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD DblCab 3in. Lift
    3in. Dealer Installed Lift
    Question: You want to change out your '07 Tacoma stereo for a new model Tacoma stereo that has an aux, bluetooth and XM ready?

If thats the case, then do you want to do that so it looks stock? The reason Im asking is that there are really nice, low to mid priced aftermarket decks that have all that functionality and then some. The only catch is you need a dash kit to allow the new deck to sit in your dash correctly, however the stock look goes out the window.

3. May 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    BamanMS

BamanMS [OP] Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Running bars, vent visors, rolling lock bed cover, aftermarket wheels
    Yeah, I wanted to keep the factory look as much as possible.

4. May 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    CrutchfieldDarren

CrutchfieldDarren Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Hey Baman! Welcome!

The factory look is nice, but it's tough to beat the features of a good aftermarket deck. Several of the others here would agree as well.

We don't have a remote mount aux port that I am aware of, but a lot of the models that we have come with front aux and USB inputs.

Take a look at the link at the bottom of my signature, it will take you to our Tacoma specific site. There is also a good write up about upgrading your system on this page as well.

We include free kits and harnesses for units over $129.99! Also we have vehicle specific instructions, and phone tech support available 7 days a week!

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.

Products Discussed in

To Top