Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2007 Tacoma stereo upgrade

Old 05-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
BamanMS is on a distinguished road

BamanMS's Tacoma Gallery
2007 Tacoma stereo upgrade

How's it going y'all? I'm new to the board and I have some questions. I'm looking to change the factory stereo in my '07 Tacoma out for a newer factory stereo that ready for bluetooth and XM radio. My questions are as follows:
1.) I want to add an auxilary port. Where can I find a port and what is the part number for that? Also, do any y'all have any recomendations on where to locate the port without upgrading the lower dash panel?

2.) I want to use the bluetooth function, primarily to link up to my iPod. Will the Blu-Logic unit work for this purpose.

3.) Finally, I'd like to do this myself if possible. How difficult would all of this be for someone with little or no experience with such things?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Rock Coppus is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
Rock Coppus's Tacoma Gallery
Question: You want to change out your '07 Tacoma stereo for a new model Tacoma stereo that has an aux, bluetooth and XM ready?

If thats the case, then do you want to do that so it looks stock? The reason Im asking is that there are really nice, low to mid priced aftermarket decks that have all that functionality and then some. The only catch is you need a dash kit to allow the new deck to sit in your dash correctly, however the stock look goes out the window.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
BamanMS is on a distinguished road

BamanMS's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I wanted to keep the factory look as much as possible.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
CrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud ofCrutchfieldDarren has much to be proud of

Name: Darren
CrutchfieldDarren's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamanMS View Post
Yeah, I wanted to keep the factory look as much as possible.
Hey Baman! Welcome!

The factory look is nice, but it's tough to beat the features of a good aftermarket deck. Several of the others here would agree as well.

We don't have a remote mount aux port that I am aware of, but a lot of the models that we have come with front aux and USB inputs.

Take a look at the link at the bottom of my signature, it will take you to our Tacoma specific site. There is also a good write up about upgrading your system on this page as well.

We include free kits and harnesses for units over $129.99! Also we have vehicle specific instructions, and phone tech support available 7 days a week!

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.